Advisory Application Developer
Advisory Application Developer
Our client in the financial sector and a Top Canadian Employer, offers challenging and rewarding opportunities. They are currently seeking an Advisory Application Developer to join their team.
As an Advisory Application Developer, you will join our Technology department to be responsible to lead the technical design, development, and integration of cross functional, multi-platform application systems.
What You’ ll Be Doing
- Translate user requirements to process and data requirements. Design application' s technical infrastructure, such as programming languages, utilities, and testing approaches
- Design and/or integrate solutions for the processing of data and development of precise steps and processing logic across all platforms
- Provide broad understanding of platforms and applications across all technologies
- Ensure the designed specifications achieve business needs
- Lead and deliver multiple projects end to end at any given time
- Analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interface with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs
- Provide solutions that potentially impact other dependent projects and applications
- Create low level detailed technical design capturing all integration points and design requirements
- Create work packages and work with the Senior Manager, Application Delivery to assign to appropriate resources
- Coordinate coding, testing, implementation, integration and documentation of solution
- Drive the completion of multiple concurrent projects ensuring the best SDLC practices are being followed
- Ensure that errors are detected to avoid production outages
- Lead code review sessions
- Work and coordinate with many different lines of business to ensure all integration of new applications adheres to the existing systems and will not cause production outages
What We’ re Looking For
- Successful candidates must exhibit our values of trust, team work, and accountability
- Must have Bachelors or equivalent degree in related field
- Must have excellent relationship building skills
- Must have excellent decision making and critical thinking skills
- Must have 5 years of previous application delivery development experience encompassing knowledge of formal methodologies and disciplines for delivering new or enhanced applications
- Must be able to effectively interact with stakeholders, end users, business analysts, and technical resources to gather requirements and prepare design specifications
- Must successfully manage multiple priorities as this role will manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups or activities
- Experience with UX/UI, Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator, SiteCatalyst, BitBucket, JIRA, GIT, Junit, REACT, Maven, Jenkins considered an asset
- Experience with visual design, site navigation, webpage layout considered an asset
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to present information to groups with the appropriate degree of formality
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.