Agile Project Manager - Internet Services
Position: Agile Project Manager – Internet Services
Duration: 12 months
Our client is a high-profile Public Sector organization located in Downtown Toronto, who is embarking on a high-profile, public facing (highly visible) Internet Development project that is a re-engineering effort of their current website.
This is a high profile, easy to reference/showcase assignment that should become a featured element in your future resume.
- University degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent discipline
- 5+ years of experience leading Agile teams in the Scrum master role and conducting daily standups, product grooming sessions, retrospectives, etc.
- 10+ years of enterprise experience leading information technology projects with a focus in web technologies
- PMP certification
- Experience performing business analysis on information technology software and applications projects
- Experience leading all phases of IT technical projects from inception to implementation and delivering them on time, on budget and with superior quality
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership, show initiative and self-direction, maintain currency of knowledge, and identify and solve problems that require investigation and creativity, under sustained pressure in a results-oriented team environment
- Demonstrated ability to respond flexibly and productively to multiple and changing priorities in a variety of work environments, including joint project teams, work with consultants, and on individual assignments
- Demonstrated ability to be an effective representative of the Toronto Public Library and its IT Department when dealing with people from outside the organization
- Demonstrated superior problem solving skills
- Superior teamwork, interpersonal, organizational and facilitation skills
- Very strong oral and written communication skills
- Very strong competency with MS Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated experience with Project Management tools
Preliminary Assignment Duties:
- Managing a competitive procurement process required to support the project including, but not limited to, coordinating internal resources, third parties and vendors for product reviews and demonstrations as necessary
- Managing all phases of the implementation of the chosen solution, including the coordination of all follow-up activities related to the subsequent phases of the business vision
- Creating a shared business vision among stakeholders
- Coordinating all activities required to realize the solution’ s delivery including scope, budget, schedule, quality, communications, change and resource management
- Project Charter
- Scope and Business Requirements with business vision
- User Stories, Use Cases, Product Backlog and any other required Agile artifacts
- RFx and any other documentation required for the competitive procurement process
- Detailed project plan addressing the Execution, Implementation, Migration, Testing and Training
- Documentation of the proposed approaches to assignments and completed work
- Work with designated staff to transfer the knowledge
If you are qualified and interested in this 12-month+ assignment, please send your resume today!