Application Developer - Front-end
Located steps from Union Station, with our big 5 banking client. This Advisory Application Development role is an opportunity to have an impact on the development direction and and work with business leaders in a fast paced Capital Markets
What you will be doing:
- Analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interface with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs
- Provide cost and time estimates for assigned work packages to support the development of time tables and project plans
- Coordinate coding, testing, implementation, integration and documentation of solution
- Perform complex applications programming activities
- Provide solutions that potentially impact other dependent projects and applications
- Ensure that errors are detected to avoid production outages
- Create low level technical designs
- May act as a team lead for a small team and/or technical solution provider (subject matter expert) for complex application problems
Key skills you will use:
- Your 5 or more years of experience as a .Net/C# developer
- Your experience creating technical/low level designs
- Practical working knowledge of web UI/UX development
- Leading a team and providing coaching and mentorship
- Leading code reviews
- Experience recommending solutions and working with the business considered an asset
- Experience in ASP.NET, MVC and Web API considered an asset
- Web Service Development (REST, SOAP), WCF considered an asset
- Knowledge of SQL Server 2008 R2/2012 considered an asset
- Experience with Entity Framework, ADO.NET considered an asset
- Knowledge of Telerik controls, Microsoft TFS and SharePoint 2013 will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of Agile methodology considered an asset
- Proficiency with other types of development tools, languages and database environments including Visual Studio 2015, SQL Management Studio
- Capital Markets knowledge
If you are qualified and interested in this role, please send your resume today!
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.