Application Support Analyst
Application Support Analyst
Our client in the financial sector and a Top Canadian Employer, offers challenging and rewarding opportunities. They are currently seeking an Application Support Analyst to join their team.
Initial Planned Duration: 6 months
Participate in the production support and change management of various business applications used by the Investment and Finance groups. The individual will actively participate in day to day support and issue resolution, system configuration and administration, testing, and documentation. Working directly with members of Investments, Investment Finance, and other Investment IT departments, the role will involve liaising and collaborating with various internal and external service providers to ensure timely and quality support of the specific business applications assigned.
- Provide trading application support for the various investment systems used by stakeholders from Investments and Investment Finance, including troubleshooting and resolving issues, addressing various types of requests, and maintaining reference data and system configuration.
- Generate various regular and ad-hoc reports required by stakeholders.
- Responsible for ensuring trading business workflows run smoothly
- Responsible for troubleshooting incidents raised by the business
- Artifact interactions into ServiceNow and triage with other teams internal or external vendors as required
- Facilitate user acceptance of enhancements made to various business applications.
- Actively participate in the testing and implementation of change initiatives.
- Participate in system upgrades, new releases, bug fixes, and system enhancements of a complex nature:
- Design and test the functionality of new software development and releases.
- Design and execute test plans for the impact of enhancements on existing functionalities and processes (regression testing).
- Design and execute test plans for new investment products.
- Participate in small medium enhancement workflows
- Provide exceptional service to clients.
COMPLEXITY / VARIETY
The primary focus of the position is on trading application support, issue analysis and resolution, training of end users, and look for opportunities around straight through processing in trading and other aspects of the investment management business.
- This position will maintain the trading systems and processes that will leveraged by Investment and Finance.
- This position will be accountable for tracking and managing interactions and enhancement requests
- This position will implement changes affecting areas within Investment and Finance.
- Trading application support experience (1-2 years)
- Working with Findur with MarkIT and Connex
- Demonstrated understanding of various financial instruments, trading and portfolio management, and related complex systems and processes
- Knowledgeable with Order Management systems
- University degree (Business/Math/Computer Science program)
Nice to Have
- Good computer skills (Excel, SQL, etc.)
- Self-Starter, with strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, and thorough
- Effective communicator both verbal and written
- Effective planning and organizational skills to set priorities and co-ordinate projects to meet deadlines
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
If you are qualified and interested in this role, please send your resume today!
We thank all applicants that apply. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.