Busines Analyst (Institutional Equities)
Career opportunity supporting Institutional Equities technology and business analysis needs in support of the Equity Mid-Office and Trading systems
As part of the Global Wholesale & Risk Technology department, the successful candidate will add value to the Equity Sales and Trade Business Analyst team by supporting their technology and business analysis needs in support of the Equity Mid-Office and Trading systems.
The incumbent is responsible for assisting in conducting analysis leading to the definition of requirements, design, testing, project coordination and implementation processes, to assist in the resolution of complex business problems for Equity Sales and Trading Business unit, and other business lines being serviced. The incumbent is also responsible for participating in projects for new systems or enhancements, working with development personnel, and participating as a team member in Agile scrums. The candidate will work with other technology groups and vendors, and provision of ongoing support for all users in the business lines supported.
- Possesses a university degree and 5 - 7 years business analysis experience, supporting medium to large-sized projects
- Experience with any/all of the following is considered necessary assets for the position: Broadridge, BPSA, Intact, FIX, Fidessa CTAC.
- Demonstrates solid business knowledge of the Institutional Equity business
- Possesses solid business understanding and knowledge of the use of technology and applications in mid-office and front office trading
- Solid knowledge of project management and the system development life cycle/agile development process
- Knowledge of Depositories Settlement Process for Equities
- Demonstrates good writing and documentation skills
- Possesses strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Solid understanding and use of tools associated with the role (e.g. Visio, Excel etc)
- Is able to communicate with varying stakeholders at multiple levels in different situations (e.g., one-on-one interviews, formal requirements gathering sessions, etc.)
- Possesses good influencing and negotiating skills
- Understands and is familiar with the application of techniques associated with data modeling, process modeling, and user-centred design within the context of the organizational standards
- Preferred Working Knowledge of Omgeo CTM and/or SS&C FMC
- Preferred Ability to Extract Data Using SQL
- Canadian Securities Course is desirable