Senior Business Analyst
Our client in the financial sector and a Top Canadian Employer, offers challenging and rewarding opportunities. They are currently seeking an Senior Business Systems Analyst to join their team.
Initial Planned Duration: 6 months
The Business Analyst plays a key role underlying all project and initiative delivery. They must understand, document and facilitate agreement on requirements, approaches, specifications and decision variables that enable the delivery of appropriate solutions to achieve the business and project goals.
As business analyst for Continuous Linked Settlement (CLS) project, you will be responsible to elicit and document client requirements, develop functional specifications and ensure requirements traceability as part of delivering application and information solutions to internal business partners. The Business Analyst works collaboratively with other solution teams including Project Management, Solutions Engineering, QA and Production Support team in delivering high quality solutions to the business.
Candidates should be experienced in the analysis, configuration, integration, reporting solution & implementation of projects in the Foreign Exchange settlement & clearing areas. Excellent understanding of SWIFT messages standard and CLS workflow, or previous experience working on a CLS implementation project would be a definite asset.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engages business clients to elicit business requirements and understand business objectives
- Produces business analysis related documentation, including (functional and non-functional) requirements, current and future state processes and workflows, and solution specifications to a high quality standard
- Conceives, proposes and facilitates the selection of viable functional solution alternatives
- Works with business and solution teams to ensure that solutions being delivered meet business intent and provide business value
- Works with QA teams to develop test plans and ensure they understand the business requirements and are able to test solutions appropriately.
- Participates in the initiation and planning of projects - including facilitating the definition of objectives, scope, and deliverables as well as provide Business Analysis work estimates.
- Potentially (if/as required) lead the activities and output of other Business Analysts in the context of delivering an initiative
- Contributes to the operation and improvement of their aligned delivery system/program
- Builds solid partnerships with Business management and staff, Client Relationship and Application Managers, Project Managers and other key stakeholders.
- University degree or equivalent experience (Business/Finance, Financial Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering)
- Asset would be one or more of:
-Certified Business Analysis Professional
-Process improvement methodology accreditation
-Canadian Securities Course
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in business analysis or operations in the institutional investment industry
- Excellent understanding of FX business, specifically in the area of clearing and settlement
- Expert knowledge of SWIFT messages standard, especially related to FX & CLS.
- Detailed knowledge/expertise specific to CLS will be an asset
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate and complete tasks to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, collaborating effectively with business, delivery and technology partners
- Good understanding of techniques and tools pertaining to the planning, analysis, design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance of technology solutions
- Good understanding of agile and waterfall project management delivery methodologies and the difference between needs and wants
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with multiple levels of clients, team and partners
- Proactive customer focus
If you are qualified and interested in this role, please send your resume today!
We thank all applicants that apply. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with the following technologies is an asset: SimCorp Dimension, FIS Quantum, PL/SQL, Excel Power Pivot.