C# and Cognos Developer
Our client is a high profile Public Sector organization located in Toronto. They are seeking the services of a Senior Microsoft Developer C# (.NET, ASP.NET, MVC, IIS, WCF) along with advanced skills in Cognos (Cognos 10, Cognos PowerPlay, Metrics Studio, Events Studio, Cognos SDK Experience) for a 9-month+ contract assignment.
This high profile/showcase assignment is directly connected to critical elements within the healthcare industry, and will in all likelihood become a highlighted assignment on the successful candidate’ s resume for years to come.
- 10+ years of software development experience in all aspects of the SDLC and Application Lifecycle Management.
- 5+ years’ experience with developing and supporting Business Intelligence (BI) solutions, multi-dimensional cubes, Report Template Library, batch processing, relational models as well as user reports and conducting analysis
Targeted Experience and Skills:
- Demonstrated experience with developing code in C# (.NET, ASP.NET, MVC, IIS, WCF)
- Experience with developing code in SQL Server -SQL using coding version tools such as TFS and Management Studio
- Experience in developing and supporting operational and ad-hoc reports using Cognos tools which include Cognos 10., Framework Manager (Create relational models using best practices), Data Manager (Creating data warehouses and data repositories), Query Studio & Report Studio (Creating new reports, maintaining existing reports and troubleshooting performance and design-related issues), Transformer (Create new models and cubes using a variety of data sources available in Cognos 10) and Cognos Power play
- Experience with Metrics Studio, Events Studio, Cognos SDK Experience with the development of custom SQL and reporting views
- Experience with building web applications, web services (SOAP and REST), and Windows client applications
- Experience with multi-threaded applications
- Experience with and knowledge of UI Design
- Experience with debugging, refactoring and optimization
- Demonstrated experience in using DI (IoC) frameworks such as Ninject and Castle Windsor
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of continuous integration and knowledge of concurrency patterns in C#
- Demonstrated experience and competency with Common Language Runtime (CLR), its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
- Experience with developing Cognos queries to facilitate report writing and development activities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong Interpersonal and negotiation skills.
If you are qualified and interested in this high profile, high impact role, please send your resume today!