Core Java Developer
Core Java Developer
Our client in the Banking Sector and a Top Canadian Employer offers challenging and rewarding opportunities. They are currently seeking a Core Java Developer to join their IT team.
Key Role(s): Development and support of the FI trade management platform and CAD Money Markets trading application (Monaco)
Key Experience: Min 8 plus years of Hands-on development experience, Capital Market or Fixed Income
Key Technologies: Core Java, Messaging Framework (MQ Series, JMS), SQL database, Multi-threading
Duration: 6 months (contract to hire)
Location: Toronto, ON
What is the opportunity?
The FI Trade Management team is responsible for development and support of the FI trade management platform and CAD Money Markets trading application (Monaco). The two applications provide critical trading functionality of pricing, ticketing, position/risk to FI Sales/trading desks globally and Money Markets desk in Toronto. If YOU have a strong core Java, concurrency and distributed system development experience, and want to apply your technical skills in creating a low latency/high performance trading platform while gaining valuable exposure to the trading desk and leading a global development team, this is a great opportunity.
What will you do?
- Senior Java Developer, working as a member of the global team to develop and support FI Trading applications including: trade processing, position and PNL calculations and market connectivity
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand their requirements and provide technical solutions
- Work with other team members (including developers and QA) to deliver projects in time and with good quality
- Provide development/L3 production support along with other team members
- Code, test, debug, implement and support a complex trading application
- Analyze, debug and resolve production issues related including but not limited to functional trade flows, application performance, system latency and infrastructure and network products
- Work with Dev Lead/Manager, business partners and various technology groups to deliver high quality products
- Strive for continuous improvements of our processes, application designs and application execution
What do you need to succeed?
- Strong technical developer with 5+ years of hands-on experience in Java, concurrency programming, messaging (RV, EMS, MQ), Spring and DB (Sybase, Oracle, SQL Server)
- Working knowledge of design patterns, data structures, algorithms, distributed caching solutions and exposure to agile methodologies
- Knowledge of version control systems like SVN, GitHub and build frameworks like TeamCity and Jenkins
- Quick learner with ability to pick up new technologies/skills and business knowledge
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently and effectively
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment with exceptional communication skills required to interface with a highly engaged client group
- Proven capabilities in effective management of tasks, multi-tasking and focus on delivery
- Strong written/verbal communication skills (regular interaction with team members and stakeholders)
- Prior experience in developing trading applications in Capital Markets would be a huge asset