Credit Counterparty Risk BSA
Global Risk management enjoying another growth spurt. here' s another exciting, career opportunity within Counterparty Risk environment.
1. Independently resolve complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs of Global Risk Management, by applying their financial and technological knowledge to the design of methodologies, models, and/or systems solutions. This may involve rapid prototyping, with requirements and solutions developed on an iterative basis that provides interim deliverables until a final production solution is created. This includes conducting research and analysis, accurately and clearly defining user requirements and processes, and liaising with the users.
2. Manage multiple small projects and/or lead specific sections of large projects to implement solutions to business problems.This involves planning, securing, and scheduling resources, soliciting and defining business requirements and processes, preparing business case proposals, developing testing, conversion, and implementation strategies, developing detailed project plans, managing vendor relationship and deliverables, monitoring progress against planned objectives, reviewing financial, and securing consensus and co-operation from users and senior management.
3. Participate in the systems implementation process by defining business requirements and processes, developing test strategies and test cases, performing testing, defining user procedures and workflows, developing conversion and implementation strategies, verifying conversion, providing user documentation, providing user training, and providing post-implementation support.
4.Provide business support to risk management, including ad hoc queries and MIS, user training, and designing and implementing systems enhancements. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that management is kept informed and that problems and issues are escalated appropriately.
5. Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of the business strategies and policies, risk management practices and methodologies, product offerings, financial markets, financial instruments, regulatory requirements and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective business solutions and services to the user groups.
6. Assist the manager by providing guidance and supervision of junior staff, providing backup support to the project manager, and assisting with the development of detailed project plans and monitoring of progress against planned objectives
The individual will have in-depth understanding of Capital markets and financial instruments ranging from derivatives to SFT and ETD including market conventions and valuation methods, risk management methodologies and models including best practices, current and anticipated regulatory requirements, the workflows among the Front Office and Risk Management.
Previous experience in Counterparty Credit Risk (CCR) processes with knowledge in the areas of BASEL II/III, CVA, IMM, and PFE is preferred.
The analyst must be a creative, self starting, results-oriented, and highly motivated individual with very good analytical skills in order to apply this knowledge to assist in the resolution of complex business problems.
Must also possess a good understanding of current IT practices, systems development techniques, including requirements specification and testing methodologies, real-time analytical and formal modelling tools, and keep current with rapidly changing technology to effectively apply technology to the solution of a business problem. This knowledge should be also applied to assist the Director or Sr. Manager in establishing future technological directions for the area.
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.