Data Analytics - Cognos
Data Analytics - Cognos
Our client in the Insurance sector and a Top Canadian Employer offers challenging and rewarding opportunities. They are currently seeking a Data Analytics - Cognos to join their Data Analytics team.
Location: Toronto, ON
Initial Planned Duration: Permanent
Introduction: This is your opportunity to help transform one of Canada' s largest and most trusted companies in Insurance, to join the new Analytics and Data Strategy Team! They operate like a start-up within a large financial institution.
Analytics and Data Strategy is a new function which will be the steward and champion of the client’ s enterprise information management capability. Working hand-in-hand with the lines of business and key functional heads, this team will be responsible for defining/executing the overall data strategy and overseeing the data architecture, governance and compliance issues.
Reporting to the Chief Data Officer, you will work as a member of the interdisciplinary Analytics and Data Strategy Team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to deliver on the vision, including customer journey analysis; business requirements leadership and business process excellence across all of our lines of businesses.
Targeted Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’ s degree required (Finance / Engineering / Management Information Systems)
- Master’ s degree preferred (Finance / Engineering / Management Information Systems)
- Hands on experience on Cognos BI tools v8.x and v10.2 with minimum 5 years’ experience in end to end implementation i.e. developing framework manager models, developing basic & advanced
- Cognos reports (List Reports, Grouped Reports, Cross tab Reports, Chart Reports and Drill-Through Reports) and making them available for business for self-exploration
- Experience with Cognos Analytics (Cognos v11) is an asset
- Experience with COGNOS 10.x/8.xBI/Report, Framework Manager, Analysis Studio, Report Studio, Metric Studio, Event Studio, Dashboard, Server Administration Tools, Configuration Manager, Scheduler, ETL tools i.e. Ab initio, Informatica
- Experience with languages i.e. SQL and Java Script
- Experience with databases technologies like Oracle, SQL Server, Terradata, DB2, MS Access, and SAP
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, advisors, customers, and prospects
- Ability to identify business problems by looking at underlined processes and operations / financial reports
- Strong creative thinking skills to determine unique ways to deliver on unmet customer needs
- Proven interpersonal / teamwork skills on high performing teams
- Experience working on project teams to analyze business needs and proven ability to handle multiple priorities
Targeted Technical Capabilities: Cognos, SQL, SAS, Advance Excel (Macros), PowerPoint, Dashboard, Tableau, Qlikview, and a Strong Business Accumem
Prefer someone who has worked within Insurance / Consulting firms
- Skilled to break down the complex problems into pieces and find solutions with eye on quality and accuracy of the data, to come up with ideas to drive the business value
- Proficient to run workshops to gather reporting business requirements, & work with technical teams to translate them into technology requirements
- Ability to install, configure, and administer Cognos BI on development and production environments
- Develop complex reports involving multiple prompts, filters, calculations, pages, and queries
- Import metadata from various sources such as Relational Databases, Multidimensional cubes as sources into the Framework Manager and build models, and publish packages
- Use Cognos Connection to administrate Cognos BI Reports, design and create reports and dashboards in Report Studio, and develop ad hoc reports in Query Studio
- Ability to understand, connect, coordinate, speak, and bridge both the business & technology teams, as it relates to reporting. Work with the Reporting Manager to provide support in communicating & translating the needs of both business & technology at the executive & team levels
- Propensity to take the reporting business & technology requirements developed, & go through the design, build, test, launch phases of the SDLC with IS while keeping the business leadership informed to ensure the right solution is delivered
- Aptitude to adopt the mind-set (prioritizing requirements, design, build, test, launch activities) to drive smaller but earlier releases (& then driving adoption with the business on this release while working on the next releases in quick succession)
- Adopt agile methodology for SDLC management while managing multiple activities at once ensuring tasks are completed on time within budget
- Provide coaching to ensure engagement, performance, foster collaboration and develop high functioning analysts
- While this job requires a lot of technical skills, it also requires strong presentation & communication skills as there will be significant interaction with executive leadership across multiple lines of business
If you are qualified and interested in this role, please send your resume today!
We thank all applicants that apply. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.