Database (SQL) Developer
Our client, a leading Retail Banking Institution, has a career opportunity within its IT Development division.
Position - Database developer
role - enhancement, development and maintenance of corporate applications and banking systems.
Experience - 3+ years in a similar environment
Technologies - SQL Server, AIX, Windows, XML, Web Services
- Uses knowledge of analysis, design and programming techniques, development tools and database technologies to develop software changes or resolve incidents to meet the business requirements and Tangerine standards.
- Maintain a technical proficiency with respect to programming languages and processes to ensure that Tangerine is well positioned for technological advances in the marketplace.
- Actively participates in support activities, including investigation and providing resolution to incidents.
- Prepares/maintains the software documents for all assigned work.
- Develops unit test case scenarios and runs tests identifying, analyzing and correcting problems.
- Reviews deliverables with senior staff for completeness and accuracy.
- Plans and prioritizes own work assignments.
- Communicates complex technical issues clearly and concisely.
- Develops alternative approaches and solutions to problems and reviews them with senior staff.
Other duties as assigned.
Pager support will be required.
- University or College Degree
- 3+ years of IT experience with a focus on software development
- Previous exposure in the banking industry is preferred
- Strong software development background
- Specialized Knowledge
- High degree of knowledge in development lifecycle and software development methodologies
- Competent in enterprise application delivery and design techniques
- Strong understanding of various, industry standard software development techniques, methodologies and best practices
- Technical Skills
- A solid understanding of standard methods used to develop software applications for large-scale applications, taking security and scalability requirements into consideration
- Competent in design patterns, releases/version control, AIX, Windows Server, XML, Web Services
- Good troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Competent in effectively using software development and source control tools
- Ability to produce relevant and accurate technical documentation, as required
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.