Database Administrator - 3
Our client in the Banking sector and a Top Canadian Employer, offers challenging and rewarding opportunities. They are currently seeking an Database Administrator to join their team.
Location: Downtown Toronto
Initial Planned Duration: 12 Months
Targeted Skills and Experience:
• Provide on-site database and system support
• Monitor, collect statistical information, and provide reporting on capacity and system performance
• Based on statistics, make recommendations to maintain and improve capacity and system performance
• Monitor the system, and act upon system and application automated alerts
• Perform diagnostics, testing, and troubleshooting of software, o/s, and database issues (ex. correcting installation, configuration, or data problems)
• Plan and perform software installation, configuration, upgrade and patching
• Plan and perform database configuration, maintenance, upgrade and patching
• Perform and manage system and database backups
• Perform manual switch to redundant system / database components, in case of system failure
Targeted Technical Capabilities:
• Bachelor' s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
• 5-7 years experience required
• Experience in providing technical support, covering database administration and operations to include monitoring maintenance capacity, performance monitoring/planning and incident/problem troubleshooting and resolution
• Strong knowledge of SQL
• Understanding of Help Desk tools and trouble ticket tracking processes
• Understanding of support agreements and their implied service levels
• Proven ability to write excellent technical documentation
If you are qualified and interested in this role, please send your resume today!
We thank all applicants that apply. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.