Delivery Director - FX, UI, Digital
What they are doing:
- Analyzing project and/or technical risk, using available information, to support business recommendations.
- Involved in managing intakes and end to end application lifecycle delivery
- Analyzing business plans for shorter term initiatives to identify and recommend opportunities for enhancement ensuring alignment
- Balancing resource allocation and workforce planning
- Assessing the impact of our technology initiatives and procedures and making adjustments to internal operations as necessary to improve productivity.
- Determining the feasibility of new products / systems by analyzing market/economic data, competitor practices, vendor viability and our architectural fit.
- Meeting the computing needs of an assigned business unit, including assessment and selection of technology and development of new/modified applications, as business needs change.
- Responding to changing business priorities and system outages (e.g., re-plan, re-prioritize, re-allocation of resources, etc.
- Making judgments regarding the ongoing viability of a project plan based on ability to deliver upon agreed functionality within approved budget and schedule.
- Making judgments regarding the viability and fit of a technology solution. Poor judgment may create moderate to significant financial loss in some portfolios.
- Providing supervision to approximately 5 - 10 staff members depending on portfolio.
- Managing an operating budget of approximately $1 – 2 million, and a capital budget of approximately $3 – 5million
Experience/ skill set:
- Must have 8-10 years of experience in application development & delivery, ideally someone with a developer background, working in a Shared UI/Service environment
- Must have previous experience with modern web technologies as well as mobile development (Native & Hybrid)
- Must have experience with Responsive Web / Single Page Application architecture / Web Component experience
- Must have 2-4 years of hands-on UI/UX technology experience
- Must have strong Java/J2EE knowledge, ideally Portal experience
- Must have a minimum of 2-4 years of experience leading development teams, strategies, and end to end project implementation
- Must have knowledge of process, tools and techniques for assessing and controlling an organization' s exposure (assets, liabilities, reputation…)
- Must have strong communication skills both written & verbal
- Must have strong stakeholder & vendor management skills to deal with internal/external clients
- Must be able to work with cross functional teams and liaison with business and technology in a productive way
- Previous experience working on FX Money platform and Global Money Transfer projects is an asset