Director, Application Development
Director - Application Development
Our client in the financial sector and a Top Canadian Employer, offers challenging and rewarding opportunities. They are currently seeking an Director to join their team.
What You’ ll be Doing
Lead a team responsible for:
- Development, testing and implementation of multiple, complex, organization-wide application development projects
- Defining and managing resource requirements and allocations, monitor and improve quality, and ensure ' best practice' development techniques
- Facilitating smooth workflow; ensure high standards and quality of technical work
- Directing reviews of tools and technologies for improving performance and reducing costs
- Overseeing multiple applications programming and analysis projects
- Ensuring compliance with policies, standards, guidelines and controls by applying the policies and controls fairly and consistently so employees understand what to expect
- Analyzing manual functions (procedures/systems) to identify features and considerations, which must be incorporated into application requirements
- Analyzing complex programming needs to ensure software systems and utilities are available and responsive to end user requirements
Team Leadership and Direction:
- Direct, motivate and develop staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team
- Work closely with other technology, vendor, and business teams to ensure successful deployment, testing and delivery
- Make recommendations regarding the ongoing viability of a project plan based on ability to deliver upon agreed functionality within approved budget and schedule for medium to large complex projects
- Analyze Project, Business, and/or Technical Risk plans for possible short-term initiatives and recommend opportunities for enhancement, ensuring alignment with business and technology goals
- Manage relationships with clients and internal partners; interface and maintain communications with them and business management
- Monitor adherence to budget for project within area
- Continuous look at ways to improve efficiencies on the team
- Present status updates to Executive levels
What We’ re Looking For
- Passionate innovators, creators, collaborators, and leaders who are up for the challenge of building the bank of the future and delivering solutions that meet our clients’ changing needs
- Must have experience leading and driving application projects
- Must have experience leading and coaching developers
- Must have strong leadership, coaching and mentoring skills
- Must have the ability to manage large teams both onshore and offshore
- Must have the ability to build and maintain relationships
- Must have strong communication skills with the ability to present to various levels within the organization
- Must have experience with Java/J2EE technologies
- Information Security knowledge is considered an asset
- Experience working with third party applications considered an asset
- Understanding of architecture frameworks considered an asset
What We Can Offer You
- The opportunity to be part of a team that continues to advance as the market leader in innovative technology
- An environment where you can build easy, flexible, and personalized banking solutions for our clients while broadening your technical knowledge and expertise
- An organization that focuses on managing and developing talent with exceptional training, rotational experience, exposure, and mentorship opportunities
- The chance to network and work with senior leaders across Technology and our bank
- Workplace accommodation solutions and assistive technologies that remove functional barriers
- Flexible health benefits, stock purchase plan, competitive incentive pay and recognition programs
- Competitive salary and employee banking benefits
If you are qualified and interested in this role, please send your resume today!
We thank all applicants that apply. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.