Our client is a very high-profile, enterprise-class Public-Sector organization, located in downtown Toronto, with close proximity to Union Station and the TTC/Subway and other public transit. This organization’ s profile will bring incremental value to just about any professional’ s resume and professional track-record, and this assignment will likely be showcased on the successful candidate’ s resume for years to come.
They are seeking the services of an accomplished ETL Developer to contribute to the design and implementation of a data warehouse/mart.
The initial anticipated term of this contract assignment is 6 months.
Desired Skills & Experience:
1) 5+ years development experience using the following technologies:
Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 Integration Services (SSIS) with preference for SQL Server 2012 experience.
2) 5+ years' experience in designing and implementing data warehouse/mart data modelling, multidimensional database design and OLAP Cubes.
3) 5+ years' experience in understanding different data sources, data integration from several data sources and handling data quality.
4) 5+ years' experience of designing and developing ETL processes and ETL execution and monitoring frameworks with SSIS 2005, 2008, or 2012 with preference for SSIS 2012 experience.
5) 3+ years developing Business Intelligence solutions (reports, dashboards, scorecards) using Microsoft SSRS, SSAS, and MDX in a data warehousing environment using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SharePoint BI Centre.
6) 3+ years' experience in Master Data Management. This should include experience in installing, configuring and administering MDS/DQS.
ETL Tool - SSIS
1) Proficient in Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 Integration Services (SSIS). Proficiency with SQL Server 2012 is desired.
2) Skill with experience in designing and developing ETL processes and ETL Execution and Monitoring frameworks for SSIS 2005-2012.
3) Experience of designing a data staging layer and initial bulk loads of historical data.
Data Platform – SQL Server
4) Skills with experience of installing, configuring and administering Microsoft Data platform components, for example, SQL Server 2012, is considered an advantage.
5) Proficient in relational SQL Server databases, T-SQL language constructs and stored procedures. Demonstrated knowledge with proficiency based on practical experience of standard concepts, practices, and procedures in database management, data design, data modeling and decision support systems.
6) Deep understanding of Kimball Data Warehouse design best practices and methodologies with experience of utilising this approach in Data Warehousing projects is desired.
7) Ability to perform detailed data profiling and analysis (i.e. determine the structure, content, and quality of the data through examination of source systems and data samples).
8) Experienced in use of OLAP technologies and dimensional modelling, including applicability to various BI problems.
If you are qualified and interested in this role, please send your resume today!
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organizations both private and public-sector throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of high-profile clients and industry-leading professionals in the Information Technology, Change Management and Management Consulting sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialties who can help you with your search for a new contract assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.