Enterprise Solution Architect (Expert Level)
Position: Enterprise Solution Architect
Our client in the Public sector and a Top Canadian Employer, offers challenging and rewarding opportunities. They are currently seeking an Enterprise Solution Architect to join their team.
Initial Planned Duration: 2 Years
The right person will be highly analytical and technical, possess 10+ years of solution development/consulting experience and should be an architect or have performed a similar role for at least 4 years or above.
• Expert Architect level knowledge as well as hands-on experience on designing and implementing multi-tier application/system solutions.
• Expert Architect level knowledge of SOA implementations as well as hands-on experience on application integration.
• Experience architecting and developing secure, scalable, high performance complex solutions.
• Expert architect level knowledge as well as hands-on experience with major software development platforms.
• Expert Architect level knowledge as well as hands-on knowledge with major server Platforms.
• Expert Architect level knowledge as well as hands-on experience with network zone, architectures and concepts.
• Expert Architect level knowledge as well as hands-on experience with private cloud technologies.
• Should have extensive experience in High Availability, DR solutions / Implementation/Execution through various methods.
• Knowledge of SharePoint Physical Architecture and Capabilities (out of the box features) and Limitations would be beneficial.
• Knowledge of SharePoint Structure (Site Structures, Content Types, Libraries etc...) would also be beneficial.
• Knowledge of Information Architecture: Information Governance, Taxonomy, Metadata Management, Security and Enterprise Content Management: Document Management, Records Management.
• Knowledge of BizTalk Physical Architecture and Architecture and Capabilities (out of the box features) and Limitations would be beneficial.
• Good understanding of Open Data / Real Time Data / API Management.
• Familiarity with LED, LCD, and new generation screens as well as video replication would be an asset
• Confident in new features and awareness of roadmap in latest technologies.
• Expertise in business and IT, leadership and negotiation skills, experience in governance, project management and economy, knowledge in enterprise architecture and business modeling.
• Build in-depth knowledge of business' technical and business priorities, challenges and initiatives that can be translated into Storage and Virtualization solution opportunities.
• Experience architecting and developing high-volume, secure, scalable, high concurrent user, transactional and distributed software solutions utilizing multiple Technology platforms.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Must have experience mentoring developers as well as technical staff and providing hands-on direction.
• Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired or equivalent experience.
• Experience with Enterprise Service Bus, SOA, and Integration Tools & platform such as BizTalk is a bonus.
• Expert Architect level knowledge as well as hands-on experience on designing and implementing multi-tiered hosting solutions in a multi-technology environment is an asset.
• Should be an architect or have performed role in similar exercise for at least 4 years or above.
• Substantial knowledge of cloud computing & application virtualizations.
• Substantial working knowledge of multivendor solutions.
• Expert understanding of server based applications in a network environment.
• Expert knowledge of hardware, software, networking concepts, and business systems and how they all work together to enable solutions.
• Strong background in customer service.
• Helps to affect change and expect success; plans carefully to avoid the possibility of failure.
• Strong communication skills, including written and verbal presentations.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Hands-on experience configuring and managing high availability services is an asset.
• Strong knowledge of ITIL concepts.
• Writing proficient documentation, implementation plans, and leading technology meetings.
• Excellent customer communication skills
• Ability to accommodate for travel (within the City) to other locations for IT staff meetings, training and/or assist with projects
• Ability to test and introduce new software tools and utilities to help the environment
• Able to multi-task and prioritize work for self and/or small team independently
• Able to resolve complex problems seeking guidance when necessary
• OEM Certifications a big plus.
We thank all applicants that apply. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.