FX regulatory BA
Our client, a major Canadian Financial service company, has an immediate need for an intermediate business analyst within its Foreign Exchange division.
Initially a 3 month assignment that will definitely extend. You will use your expert Excel and SQL skills to test, map and support regulatory aspects of FX.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5 + years of experience as BA
2) Advanced Microsoft Excel
3) SQL Queries
4) Ability to read and translate (regulators- read and translate to BA language)
5) Regulatory terminology- Fatca, Dodd-frank, Emir etc
6) Excellent Communication skills
7) Nice to have: Wall street system, foreign exchange, HPQC, can speak/write Spanish, CSC, Derivatives fundamentals
The manager is looking for an intermediate level BA to work on on-going regulatory projects. They will be dealing with regulatory requirements for foreign exchange. This will be front and back office. This BA will be testing, mapping, providing regulations support, and helping coordinate promotions between BA/Developers/QAs and within the business so they must have great communication skills.
• Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies
• Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers
• Prepares cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation
• Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities
• Supports one or more highly complex business processes
• Works on multiple projects as a project team member
• Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs
• Bachelor' s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred
• 5 years’ experience required
• Basic knowledge of programming languages in order to comprehend reading code and basic functions
• Ability to create business solutions that increase competitive advantage
• Ability to exercise good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
• Project management skills in order to handle diverse projects, often times simultaneously, and meet aggressive deadlines
• Ability to solve technical problems/ processes and understand complex details
• Ability to increase operating efficiency with produce high quality technical solutions
• A high level of interpersonal and verbal communication skills necessary to relate to other people at their systems knowledge level
• Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and do the necessary research using multiple sources of information to arrive at innovative solutions
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.