Foreign Exchange BA
Our client, a major Canadian Financial Institution, has an immediate need for a BA within its Foreign Exchange division
The main function of a Business Analyst is to perform the analysis, design, implementation, modification, and daily functional support of all applications.
this senior BA will be assisting in testing within the foreign exchange (previous FX experience would be great), they should be able to perform simple SQL queries, analysis, documentation. This BA will be dealing with users (not external clients but business users), create test cases, share results with business and identify issue during tests. Most of their communication will take place over the phone or emailing but they will also be in contact with the development team so great communication are important. Multi-tasking is important,
• Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies
• Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers
• Prepares cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation
• Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities
• Supports one or more highly complex business processes
• Works on multiple projects as a project team member
• Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs
• Bachelor' s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred
• 8-10 + years’ experience required
• Basic knowledge of programming languages in order to comprehend reading code and basic functions
• Ability to create business solutions that increase competitive advantage
• Ability to exercise good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
• Project management skills in order to handle diverse projects, often times simultaneously, and meet aggressive deadlines
• Ability to solve technical problems/ processes and understand complex details
• Ability to increase operating efficiency with produce high quality technical solutions
• A high level of interpersonal and verbal communication skills necessary to relate to other people at their systems knowledge level
• Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and do the necessary research using multiple sources of information to arrive at innovative solutions
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 8-10 + years of overall experience
2) Workflows, diagrams
3) Microsoft Excel, Visio
4) Simple SQL queries
5) Nice to have: knowledge of applications, WallStreet, FX,
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.