HEADS UP - Senior Test Automation Engineer x 4
Role: Senior Test Automation Engineer x 4
Our client an Online Auction Company and a Top Canadian Employer offers challenging and rewarding opportunities. They are currently seeking 4 Senior Test Automation Engineers to join their team.
Location: Toronto, ON
Initial Planned Duration: Permanent
Key Role: Will work closely with developers and testers to evaluate, recommend and implement automated test tools / scripts and strategies to expedite testing cycles and improve overall testing quality
Targeted Skills and Experience: QA Automation and developing experience relative to automation test scripts
- Audit all forms of testing to ensure each level of testing achieves the stated goals.
- Participate in unit test reviews and help identify gaps in the testing.
- Participate in the review of the acceptance criteria and the automated tests by developers/UX developer to ensure there are no gaps and the tests are compliant with the acceptance criteria.
- Able to provide additional diagnostic information about bugs to developers to aid in the quick remediation of defects.
- Writes test cases and scenarios in support of automated testing.
- Write or amend the acceptance criteria in a Behavior Driven Development (BDD) or
- Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) style of business language (Gherkin scripts), per specific frameworks such as CucumberJS
- Thorough understanding of testing fundamentals and quality metrics
- Good understanding of code branching, version control and working in different environments such as GIT.
- Able to be a gatekeeper for bugs and quality concerns
- Utilize agile based story development standards such as INVEST, MoSCoW, and SMART.
- Utilize Business Process Flows expressed in the form of Test Cases to develop automated tests.
- Promote best practices relative to test automation, the management of the automated test case repository, and source code management.
- Build and maintain the test automation framework.
- Develop a Test Automation Plan defining the scope, timeframe and resources for a given test automation initiative. Ensure project completeness.
- Architect, design and develop automated solutions to expedite tests. Ensure adherence to proper methodology, test design and coding standards.
- Maintain a repository of all automated quality assets.
- Provide active technical leadership throughout the entire development process reviewing test cases and test automation code and communicating regularly to project teams on defects, issues and QA status.
- Facilitate the creation/maintenance of test data for the team.
- 10+ years of developing experience relative to automation test scripts.
- Experience with BDD frameworks (Gherkin, CucumberJS)
- Knowledge of UI Test Tool like Protractor
- Knowledge of AWS Lambda and NodeJS
- Knowledge of performance tool like Gatling
- Understanding of Business Event Streaming ( Kinesis)
- Knowledge on Git, Jenkins and CI/CD
- Experience with Code Coverage Analysis (Sonar, TSLint, NYC)
- Experience with ALM tools (e.g., Jira, and Confluence).
- Experience with back-end Testing frameworks
- Experience with front-end Testing frameworks
- Experience with Micro-services
- Experience with Security and Penetration Testing a plus
- Solid Experience building and maintaining the test automation framework.
- Thrive in a fast-paced Agile environment.
- Understanding of test fundamentals.
- Understand Quality metrics (duplicates, code coverage).
- Understanding of Agile methodologies. He has a well understanding on SMART, MoSCoW
- and INVEST principles. SAFe Certification a plus
- Very good Oral and Writing skills.
- Ability to work with teams in multiple sites (onsite, offshore, nearshore)
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Understanding of accountability and ownership
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.\
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.