Our client in the Banking Sector and a Top Canadian Employer offers challenging and rewarding opportunities. They are currently seeking a Hadoop Developer to join their IT team.
Location: Toronto, ON
Initial Planned Duration: 6 months (Contract)
Key Role(s): Develop Map Reduce code for big data engagement
Key Experience: Min 3-5 years experience using Hadoop development tools & utilities (Ooze, HIVE, Pig, Hive, Java, Sqoop, etc.)
Key Technologies: Hadoop (Ooze, HIVE, Pig, Hive, Java, Sqoop, etc.), Map reduce, Big Data, DevOps etc.
- Development of Map Reduce code for Big Data engagement
- Work closely with the Solution designer and Data Analyst to develop code
- Support Testing team and Production support team in issues resolution
- Work in an onshore-Offshore model i.e. perform duties by having a good connection and work relation with the offshore team
- Good working experience on Hadoop Development work experience
- Really strong work experience on Java development. Hands on experience of minimum 6-8 years of work experience
- Understanding of Hadoop development tools & utilities (Ooze, HIVE, Pig, Hive, Java, Sqoop, etc.) and CDH
- Good understanding and experience on scheduling, agile code promotion, system access and proactive system management (DevOps)
- Working knowledge of Source Code Repository systems and data lineage standards is essential. In addition, ability to use revision control systems such as Git
- Any knowledge/experience on Spark is an add on