IT Auditor II
As a member of the IT Application Audit team, the candidate will be responsible for auditing some of the more complex business applications and processes, assessing the design and operating effectiveness of controls within the Bank' s environments.
Under the direction of the Senior Audit Manager and the IT Audit Manager, the Senior IT Auditor will ensure the successful execution of IT Application audits.
• 5+ yrs. exp. in banking & financial institutions related enterprise business applications, IT audits, risk assessment & mgt., and/or relevant internal audit work.
• Exp. in auditing Application controls (interface controls, configuration controls), IT General Controls, Operating systems (UNIX/Windows), databases (Oracle, MS SQL, DB2) & draft process flow diagrams.
NICE TO HAVE:
• Knowledge of the wholesale banking / capital markets related regulatory environments is an asset.
• Experience in systems development, system requirements analysis, programming, and new technologies such as API, OMNI, jBPM, etc, is an asset.
• Project Manager Professional (PMP) or other PMI designations are an asset.
• Prior programming or Business Analyst experience an asset
• Execute audits to ensure audits are completed in accordance with established standards and within prescribed time, budget and scope parameters;
• As appropriate or necessary, engage and manage resources and subject matter experts from other IT Audit groups, or work closely with Business Audit counterparts;
• Execute the audit steps and ensure completion of documentation of audit work in a clear, concise, logical manner;
• Work with the Audit Manager/Senior Audit Manager to coordinate the audit review, reporting and closure processes;
• Take ownership of the finding follow-up and resolution process and work with auditees to make sure finding resolutions milestones are met; Through the audit process, play a key role in the ongoing communications with the various stakeholders engaged in the audit process;
• Develop and maintain strong understanding of current business risks to adequately assess business impacts.
• Demonstrated time management and organizational skills to meet tight deadlines as well as flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.
• Confident presentation and facilitation skills and strong interpersonal and management skills to facilitate working with auditees and senior management at all levels.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal). Excellent analytical skills in assessing risk and challenging the status quo.
• Ability to analyze and form an opinion on risks and controls relating to systems and link to associated business impacts.
• Proven ability to be a self-starter and multi-task effectively