IT Project Control Coordinator
POSITION/JOB TITLE: IT Project Control Coordinator – Consultant (Internet Channel and Agile Project Management)
START DATE: As soon as possible
DURATION: 6 months
HOURS: Regular (9.00AM - 5.00PM EDT)
The main function of an IT Project Control Coordinator is to provide project support to staff, working on internet channel and Agile projects, and provide general administrative duties as needed.
• Check master schedule and work orders, establish priorities, and change schedule according to projects, work order specifications, priorities, and availability of workers, material, or equipment.
• Participate in meetings with clients and task members to determine progress of work and identify additional follow up needs.
• Provide general administrative support including monitoring calendar, setting up meetings, making travel and/or meeting arrangements, entering time and filing expense reports.
• Compile reports concerning progress of work and downtime to distribute to personnel involved in project.
• Ensure project control procedures and policies within a number of projects are executed and functioning according to Technology’ s project performance standards.
• Consolidate and integrate Work Breakdown Structure data.
• Develop, consolidate and reconcile management and resource allocation reports.
• Track progress and make decisions regarding response plans.
• Track and reconcile financials.
• 5 years of professional experience in the IT Project Control Coordinator role, supporting medium size projects (500, 000$ to 2, 000, 000$).
• 10+ years of overall professional experience.
• Knowledge of key principles of Agile.
• Hands-on experience working with MS project tools: Excel, Word, Power Point, MS Project and Visio.
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of finance.
• Knowledge of and experience with monitoring the vital signs of an IT project.
• Knowledge and experience with IT project administration and management.
• Project Management skills.
• Written and verbal communication skills.
• Interpersonal skills to be able to interface effectively with a broad range of contacts from technical staff to senior management.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple concurrent activities and to work successfully under pressure.
• Analytical thinker, with ability to solve problems.
• Can deal with ambiguity and requests for change.
• Quick and continuous learner with proactive attitude to the job duties.
• Genuine interest in the role.
• Diploma or a degree in computer science or business.
NICE TO HAVE:
• PMP certificate
• Professional experience in financial services industry
WORKER VALUE PROPOSITION: Opportunity to work on challenging and varied projects and with new technology.