IT Project Manager - Entry
Jr. Project Manager
Our client in the financial sector and a Top Canadian Employer, offers challenging and rewarding opportunities. They are currently seeking a Project Manager to join their team.
8-5 standard business hours has flexibility Top skill sets in addition to the JD below:
- Infrastructure related experience would be helpful
- Communication skills extremely important, verbal and written
- ability to multi task
- given multiple smaller projects and will be expected to juggle
- any previous enterprise change management experience would be helpful as well
12 month duration - could go longer based on performance.
The main function of an IT Project Manager is to oversee the application of project management methodology during all phases of the project cycle, with responsibilities that include project design, scope management, cost control, quality and performance reporting.
- Define test plans and ensure that products are defect free before User Acceptance Testing.
- Develop, track and manage project budget, project plans, timelines and scope.
- Effectively oversee project staff (direct reports, matrixed reports, contractors, and interns), delegating work to appropriate leads.
- Efficiently communicate to stakeholders to manage expectations and project progress.
- Ensure appropriate systems development and project management processes are being utilized.
- Ensure that necessary risk assessments are continually reviewed and monitored and proactively addressed in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that projects are implemented using our processes and methodologies while being delivered on time keeping senior management aware of key information.
- Facilitate the User Acceptance Testing process, developing rollout plans and procedures.
- Lead teams of developers in the delivery of high-quality software solutions that meet business needs.
- Make presentations to steering committees or project sponsors.
- Manage project resources including procuring project staff, developing, motivating, coaching and advising.
- Partner closely with other members of functional project teams to define business requirements.
- Prepare and present cost-benefit analyses.
- Successfully plan, execute, control and close projects against defined scope and budget using our procedures and policies.
- Manage medium to large scale projects working collaboratively with business stakeholders, vendors, and technical resources.
- Bachelor' s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
- PMP or PMI certification.
- People management and team building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible/ adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage competing priorities.
- Proven ability to learn business processes quickly and to work well with business partners at different levels within the organization.
- Strong ability to assess risk and apply management principles to technology applications/products and business functions.
- Experience delivering technology and business application solutions in a large-scale, multi-platform systems environment.
- 2-4 years experience
If you are qualified and interested in this role, please send your resume today!
We thank all applicants that apply. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.