IT Project Manager - Entry
Entry Level Project Manager: Financial Applications
Our client in the Banking sector and a Top Canadian Employer, offers challenging and rewarding opportunities. They are currently seeking an Entry Level Project Manager to join their Remote Banking Application team.
Initial Planned Duration: 6 Months
Targeted Skills and Experience:
• Define test plans and ensure that products are defect free before User Acceptance Testing.
• Develop, track and manage project budget, project plans, timelines and scope.
• Effectively oversee project staff (direct reports, matrixed reports, contractors, and interns), delegating work to appropriate leads.
• Efficiently communicate to stakeholders to manage expectations and project progress.
• Ensure appropriate systems development and project management processes are being utilized.
• Ensure that necessary risk assessments are continually reviewed and monitored and proactively addressed in a timely fashion.
• Facilitate the User Acceptance Testing process, developing rollout plans and procedures.
• Lead teams of developers in the delivery of high-quality software solutions that meet business needs.
• Make presentations to steering committees or project sponsors.
• Manage project resources including procuring project staff, developing, motivating, coaching and advising.
• Partner closely with other members of functional project teams to define business requirements.
• Prepare and present cost-benefit analyses.
• Manage medium to large scale projects working collaboratively with business stakeholders, vendors, and technical resources.
Targeted Technical Capabilities:
• Bachelor' s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field or Bachelor of Commerce required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
• PMP or PMI certification.
• People management and team building skills.
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible/ adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage competing priorities.
• Proven ability to learn business processes quickly and to work well with business partners at different levels within the organization.
• Strong ability to assess risk and apply management principles to technology applications/products and business functions.
• Experience delivering technology and business application solutions in a large-scale, multi-platform systems environment.
• 2-4 years experience
If you are qualified and interested in this role, please send your resume today!
We thank all applicants that apply. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.