IT Project Manager
GROUP/PROJECT INFO: The Project manager will work on various projects, no specific/set project, it all depends on what comes up in their cue.
EVP (Employee Value proposition): This is a great opportunity for a Project Manager who wants to work for one of Canada' s largest financial institutions and join a hard working team. As well, depending on how the initial contract goes, there is a possibility for extension or conversion to full time.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to): The main function of an IT Project Manager is to oversee the application of project management methodology during all phases of the project cycle, with responsibilities that include project design, scope management, cost control, quality and performance reporting.
- Define test plans and ensure that products are defect free before User Acceptance Testing.
- Develop, track and manage project budget, project plans, timelines and scope.
- Effectively oversee project staff (direct reports, matrixed reports, contractors, and interns), delegating work to appropriate leads.
- Efficiently communicate to stakeholders to manage expectations and project progress.
- Ensure appropriate systems development and project management processes are being utilized.
- Ensure that necessary risk assessments are continually reviewed and monitored and proactively addressed in a timely fashion.
- Facilitate the User Acceptance Testing process, developing rollout plans and procedures.
- Lead teams of developers in the delivery of high-quality software solutions that meet business needs.
- Make presentations to steering committees or project sponsors.
- Manage medium to large scale projects working collaboratively with business stakeholders, vendors, and technical resources.
- Manage project resources including procuring project staff, developing, motivating, coaching and advising.
- Partner closely with other members of functional project teams to define business requirements.
- Prepare and present cost-benefit analyses.
- Successfully plan, execute, control and close projects against defined scope and budget using CIBC procedures and policies.
- 5 - 7 years of Project Management experience.
- People management and team building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible/ adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage competing priorities.
- Proven ability to learn business processes quickly and to work well with business partners at different levels within the organization.
- Strong ability to assess risk and apply management principles to technology applications/products and business functions.
- Experience delivering technology and business application solutions in a large-scale, multi-platform systems environment.
- Extensive practical experience and knowledge with techniques for planning, organizing, and monitoring multiple IT projects simultaneously.
TOP SKILLS/MUST HAVES:
- Infrastructure Background is preferred - someone who has managed infrastructure projects.
- Enterprise Change Management experience is preferred - change tickets with regards to projects so it is helpful if they have Enterprise Change Management experience. They use Service Now, which they can train them on if they don’ t have this experience.
- Excellent communication skills are absolutely required for this role.
TECHNOLOGY USED ON A DAILY BASIS:
- Not necessary, but they use Plan View as their document " repository", recently replaced with MS Project.
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS:
- Service Now
- MS Project
- Excellent communication skills
- PMP certification
- Bachelor' s Degree in a Technical Field (such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field) - not required but preferred