Infrastructure Engineering Lead
Infrastructure Engineering Lead
Our client in the financial sector and a Top Canadian Employer, offers challenging and rewarding opportunities. They are currently seeking an Infrastructure Engineering Lead to join their team.
Initial Planned Duration: Permanent Position
An Infrastructure Engineering Lead is a senior technical leader is accountable for data centre infrastructure design and works with various service providers to oversee implementation. Responsible for planning, gathering and translating technical requirements into infrastructure solution designs in alignment with business needs. This role is additionally responsible for managing services, processes and KPIs, related to system design effectiveness, requirements traceability, customer and partner satisfaction, system design quality and system availability in order to take proactive actions and deliver expected levels of system capability.
Analyse System Requirements
- Analyse existing Infrastructure systems to ensure they are effectively meeting the needs of the organization.
- Coordinate with all areas of the organization to see that the system is working as optimally as it should.
- Analyse business requirements to identify where they can integrate new hardware, operating systems, or connectivity solutions.
Recommend Alternative Technologies and Improvements
- Based on their knowledge of IT and their analysis of the systems’ needs, the Infrastructure Lead may recommend alternative technologies or improvements to enhance information systems to support organizational goals.
- These recommendations are presented clearly and understandably to senior management.
Lead Design and Review of New Systems
- Lead the design and review processes for new Infrastructure systems.
- Develop and document the proposed technical design for the integration and implementation of any new system.
- Work with the integration and implementation service providers / teams to ensure proper understanding of the IT system design(s).
- Responsible for artifact management relating to design standards, templates, patterns and other design documentation standard
Plan for Integration
- Lead in the creation of detailed plans/approaches for the integration of new systems into existing infrastructure design/ architecture. This includes logistical plans for the Operations areas to actually conduct the physical integrations, during which the Infrastructure Lead provides technical direction and support.
- After a new system has been integrated, the Infrastructure Lead participates in evaluating the success of the project, identifying best practices and lessons learned. They provide feedback to leadership and incorporate this information into future integration plans. General
- Minimize system integration complexity while maintaining system reliability and business continuity objectives.
- Technical Skills & Presence - The technical authority in multiple areas of ETS IT. Understands & applies the strategic direction of the organization and the supporting IT systems and system Architecture.
- Leads technology innovation - Implements improved technical solutions. Designs and implements innovative solutions to advance business opportunities.
- Subject Matter Expertise - Actively seeks, provides or coordinates internal or external training for ETS IT employees. Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and mentors system engineers on technical specialties.
- Technical Strategic Planning - Coordinates development of technical standards and processes between IS and business areas. Demonstrates ability to translate organizational structures to technical Architectures.
- Technical Alignment to Business Needs and Technical Solutions - Practical approach to solving business needs with optimal technical approach. Advocates for appropriate technologies to solve business problems.
- Quality & Initiative - Aligns and leads technical projects that have met quality standards for production. Ability to apply out of the box thinking. Investigates areas for quality standards and decreases numbers of defects. Implements standard repeatable processes.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Business Studies, IT or relevant experience
- 10+ years of experience in IT
- 5 + years of experience in designing Enterprise Infrastructures running various Computer, Network & Storage ecosystems
- 5 + years of experience with Enterprise Storage Area Networks (HDS and EMC)
- Candidate should understand global information technology service models.
- Strong ability to perform and understand financial modelling.? Experience working with a Global Service Provider? Understands Service Provider governance models
- Strong knowledge of common IT organizational functions, inter-relations and dependencies
- Excellent communicator, demonstrating strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent capability to manage deliverables, influence, make recommendations, facilitate decisions, lead technical staff and organize work as it relates to the management level within Teachers’.
- Excellent verbal and written communication capability demonstrated at technical professional and customer/stakeholder levels
- Excellent in critical thinking and problem solving skills, planning and organizing and organizational change disciplines
- Experience in procurement or other sourcing experience? Demonstrated capability to perform financial and performance analysis
- Project management capability
- ITIL Foundations certification preferred
- TOGAF certification preferred
- Extensive experience with developing strategies to provide highly reliable data center operations facilities leveraging data replication, server clustering, load balancing technologies.
- Experience with developing three and five year plans to aligned technology selection with TCO and ROI objectives.
- Experience in managing a complete Project Life Cycle process including but not limited to project; Request-Discovery- Planning-Delivery and Closure milestones
5 + years of experience with the following technologies:
- Data Centre Technologies: Microsoft AD, DNS, IIS and Windows Server, Linux Server, Data protection & replication solutions (CommVault), Enterprise storage (Hitachi, EMC, NetApp, PureStorage, Nutanix, etc.), Virtualization & cloud (VMware, Microsoft Azure, Office 365, etc.), Disaster Recovery (DR) systems
- Networking: TCP/IP, Ethernet, Fiber, VPN, Wireless networking, Wide Area Network (WAN) devices - Cisco Routers, Communication Gateways, Intruder Detection Systems (IDS), Network Firewalls (CheckPoint, Juniper), QRADAR security appliances.
- Hardware: Cisco switching, IBM iSeries, NetApp, EMC, PureStorage, Isilon and Hitachi SAN, Brocade & Cisco SAN switch, Dell server & Dell blade server infrastructure
If you are qualified and interested in this role, please send your resume today!
We thank all applicants that apply. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.