J2EE Server Developer
J2EE Server Developer
Our client in the Telecom Sector and a Top Canadian Employer offers challenging and rewarding opportunities. They are currently seeking a J2EE Server Developer to join their IT team.
Location: Toronto, ON
Initial Planned Duration: 3/6 months (Contract) – Potential extension after 3 months.
Key skills: J2EE, Struts, Spring, HTML5, MVC, UML, NoSQL (MongoDB or Cassandra), Mobile development, Oracle etc.
- Extensive 5+ experience using J2EE (EJB, JMS, JDBC, JSP, JSF, Struts, Tag Libraries, AJAX), XML, Weblogic, WebServices, Oracle (database modeling), Servlets, Spring, Struts, Hibernate, HTML5.
- Knowledge of J2EE design patterns MVC, Strategy, Factory, Singleton) and general design considerations.
- Proficient using UML (sequence, state, collaboration, class, use-case models).
- Experience using TogetherJ, Rational Rose or StarUML.
- Proficient in SCM tools and best practices (Starteam, Maven).
- Knowledge using NoSQL Databases such as MongoDB or Cassandra would be a plus.
- Knowledge of mobile device technologies (Android, SQLite, Core Data, Cocoa API, HLS) would be a plus.
- Knowledge of performance improvement techniques through the use of caching technologies (memcached, Terracotta, ehCache)
- Excellent understanding of distributed multi-tier infrastructure
- Produce design architect such as class diagrams and sequence diagrams for product features or client solutions.
- Implement product features within a team using best practices to meet product or solution deliverables.
- Refactor code to increase operating efficiency and extensibility and/or adapt programs to new requirements.
- Implements reusable unit tests to ensure the integrity of on-going product quality.
- Participate in stress tests, load tests, performance tests, making recommendations to improve performance and scalability.
- Prepare software packages and documentation for deployment that adhere to the defined standard deployment policies.
- Be highly responsive to critical production issues providing timely and effective solutions.
- Collaborate and help junior developers in the development life cycle.
- General office environment.
- Additional hours may be required to meet deadlines.