Java / J2EE developer
The Online Services team of our major Canadian Financial services client, is looking for an energetic and results driven Programmer Analyst Advisory who preferably has some experience in the financial industry. Online services team is responsible for Corporate and Commercial web applications. The applications provides the users with functionality to make bill payments, account transfers, wire payments etc. as well managing the administration and entitlement model.
The successful applicant will work in the Programmer Analyst Advisory role, developing solutions and supporting production, resulting in a positive impact to the team and Bank as a whole.
Attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple tasks with changing priorities within tight timeframes is required for this position. To be successful, the individual must thrive on challenge, be proactive, eager to learn, and be attentive to detail. Working knowledge of Commercial Banking and/or payment systems/processes is also an asset.
- Application analysis and design, and development for the Online commercial web application, the supporting web services and reporting services.
- Assist technical resources in the analysis of business requirements in order to establish the technical feasibility of proposed initiatives
- Responsible for the assessment and scoping of projects (from a development work effort perspective).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ensure a timely delivery of quality products/functions which meet end-user requirements and that are developed following development standards and methodology;
- Responsible for performance analysis (from an application and environment perspective) and make recommendations to improve operational effectiveness
Work in a development team comprising both staff and external consulting resources as required;
- Deal effectively with external vendors, external business partners, and internal stake holders
Must be able to work within tight deadlines and schedules which may result in external work hours to meet project deliverables
- Effectively communicate with departmental application development team members, management, and with the wider IT&S Architecture Office.
Assist with production support by:
- Joining bridge calls to address production issues
- Carrying a production support pager for after-hours support and
- Investigating customer support issues.
- 3 to 5 years software development experience
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in the financial industry
- 3+ years’ experience in Java
Experience Requirement details
- Expertise in Java, J2EE, JSP, JSF 2, Richfaces, Struts 1.x, Spring Framework, Hibernate, SQL, XML/SOAP is a must
- Strong knowledge in Spring MVC, Spring Web Services, JAXB, Spring Batch, Quartz, Apache Common libraries, Log4j, SiteMesh, Shell scripts
- Experienced in use of development tools such as Eclipse, RAD, Clearcase, SVN, JUnit, ANT, Hudson/CruiseControl, Fortify, FindBugs
- Must have experience with DB2 or Oracle, and stored procedures is desirable
- Experienced in the following middleware is highly desirable: WebSphere MQ, BIRT, and IBM Change Data Capture
- Familiar with Windows and UNIX operating systems such as AIX, & Solaris.
- Familiar with both waterfall and iterative development SDLC, RUP, UML, J2EE design patterns
- Experience in developing enterprise level web applications and web services
- Familiar with batch processing architectures, data warehouses, star schema, and ETL is a plus
- Familiar with Networking principles & hardware such as DMZ, load balancers, firewalls, and security technologies (Entrust, SSL, PKI, CA, digital cert, hardware tokens.)
- Familiar with Banking applications in a national/global multi-bank, multi-lingual, multi-currencies environment.
- Experience in production level operational design and support addressing best practices / designs for scalability, robustness, redundancy, system management, alert management, change management, and configuration management
- Strong knowledge in designing and coding secure applications
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.