Java Developer/ Systems Engineer
Java Developer/ Systems Engineer
Our client in the Banking Sector and a Top Canadian Employer offers challenging and rewarding opportunities. They are currently seeking a Java Developer/ Systems Engineer to join their IT team.
Location: Mississauga, ON
Initial Planned Duration: 12 months (Contract)
Key skills: Java, JEE, Web-logic/Jboss, MQ Series, Apache, Web Seals, WebLogic, JBoss/WebSphere application and Linux/Aix etc.
Performance Architect/Systems Engineer with extensive experience and willing to take ownership for platform performance from the inception to delivery that will help & support performance analysis for complex financial platforms.
This candidate will work with Application Development, Oracle SWAT, Performance Testing, and Platform support teams & manage performance defects, and troubleshoot performance issues covering platform hardware analysis, scalability, and application profiling (JVM, Databases, etc). They will partner with operations teams and bridge the gap between understanding of software and infrastructure when it comes to knowledge around resolving complex issues.
The candidate will provide services to architects, developers, operations personnel, network personnel, etc. with respect to identifying performance bottlenecks and improving the scalability and overall response times.
MANDATORY SKILLS – Please list skills/experience on which Panel will be screening
- Strong development skills in Java, JEE environments and very good understanding of 3 tier architectures.
- Good understanding of Web-logic/Jboss with knowledge and experience in analyzing Java Heap dumps, GC, Thread analysis, JFR
- Tools knowledge of J-meter, JMC, Visual VM, Splunk, OEM, DynaTrace & Load runner with hands on experience in diagnosis and analysis of Performance bottlenecks
- Understanding of Performance Monitoring and alerting tools and should be able to diagnose and analyze the data generated from the tools.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP sockets, TCP Slowstart/congestion
- Good understanding of load balancing, expiration headers, compression, CDNs, etc.
- Have good understanding of JEE performance design patterns and anti-patterns.
- Analyse MQ Series and iLog related performance issues in addition to Gemfire NoSQL and Oracle/Postgres database related performance issues.
- Advanced technical knowledge who really likes to dig deep and uncover the smallest detail around performance issues.
- Understand Network latencies, geolocation and bandwidth dependencies around performance, caching and both front and backend optimization techniques.
- Experience in providing instructions for tuning Infrastructure and software for the best performance.
- Tune Apache, Web Seals, WebLogic, JBoss/WebSphere application and Linux/Aix servers for best performance.
- Experience in Application server log analysis and identifying performance issues.
- Good understanding of ADF, Java scripts and good understanding of browser simulation, page rendering, browser cache simulation and client based scripting.
- Good understanding of OTD Load balances and should be able to tune the performance by making configuration changes.
- Good understanding of Oracle DB reports analysis, including the AWR reports, SQL profiling.
- Good understanding of Middle wares systems and knowledge of fine tuning the interfaces.
- Experience and working knowledge of SSO dashboards and SOA / Web services.