Network Analyst - 1
Global Networks Services division of our major Canadian Financial client has an immediate contract need for a junior network analyst.
This is a project to apply a new policy. Network QoS implementation end-to-end for 13+ Ontario locations identified as part of the initial Lync as a PBX conversion
They will be working with other people but the actual work is on evenings or weekends (12-8 PM shift)
• Act as the primary implementation engineer for the update of end-to-end QoS configuration, in accordance with design/standards delivered by the Network Engineering team, for a number of campus locations across Ontario.
• Review the in-scope network infrastructure and formulate an action plan to update the configuration to comply with standards provided by Network Engineering, including the clean-up/removal of any unnecessary legacy configuration.
• Work with the project team and network engineering to establish timelines for implementation.
• Liaise with internal network engineers and architects to resolve any design or software related problems that may arise throughout the course of the project.
• Ensure that QoS configuration is implemented consistently and successfully across all locations in scope for this project.
• Perform network QoS implementations outside of standard work hours to align with established maintenance windows (evenings work primarily; working from home with adjusted work hours is a possibility) following standard corporate change management processes.
• Provide regularly reporting of overall project status to the project delivery manager and direct manager on a regular basis.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) Strong understanding of standards based QoS Packet marking (DSCP, PHB, COS (2 years of experience)
2) Strong familiarity with the way QoS is configured across a variety of Cisco IOS, IOS-XE & NX-OS platforms (i.e. Software vs Hardware Queuing, WRED, NAR etc (2 years of experience)
3) Excellent communication skills are a must -critical thinking, articulate and comprehend ideas
4) cisco certification would be a nice to have or working within a cisco environment