Powerbuilder Developer - Large Project Development Team
Our client in the Insurance sector and a Top Canadian Employer, offers challenging and rewarding opportunities. They are currently seeking an Powerbuilder Developer to join their Development team.
Location: Downtown Toronto
Initial Planned Duration: 12 Months
Introduction: An expert PowerBuilder Developer, with experience working with another object oriented programming language (.Net UX or java preferred). You are very strong in SQL programming and have experience with database design. You have the ability to propose effective solution design for their application development that aligns with the business needs, architecture standards, and IT strategy.
Targeted Skills and Experience:
Participate in large development projects
• Contribute and assist with all development life cycle phases: translation of business requirements into design
documents, development, unit testing, and integration.
• Provide team with technical expertise and offer advice and solutions to technical issues.
• Ensure quality of deliverables through compliance with specification definition, code standard reviews, and
• Produce documentation like Design documents, Technical Specifications, Deployment Notes, as well as code
• Provide technical recommendations and solutions aligned with business objectives.
• Assist Help Desk and Support Team when required
Targeted Technical Capabilities:
Completion of university degree (preferably with focus on computer science, engineering or math).
• Seven years or more development experience.
• Five years or more experience in object oriented design.
• Excellent Analytical skills
• Proven Development consulting experience
• Strong knowledge of development methodologies, Object-oriented analysis and design. Familiarity with design
• Expert in PowerBuilder (experience with version 12.x is preferred)
• Excellent knowledge of MS SQL
• Strong in Database Design skills
• Superior time management and estimation capabilities and ability to perform several tasks concurrently.
• Ability to generate creative solutions to business problems, especially with regards to assisting in systems
analysis and solutions design.
• Ability to complete Business Specification if required, Functional and Technical Specification.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Must be a team player.
• Superior time management and organizational skills are essential.
• Self-starter with ability to work independently.
• Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
• Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize according to strategic business objectives
If you are qualified and interested in this role, please send your resume today!
We thank all applicants that apply. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.