Project Control Officer - 3
Excellent opportunity for an accomplished PCO. Long term contract assignment working on multiple projects with an enterprise environment.
Under direct supervision of a Senior Delivery Manager, or a Delivery Manager, Project Control Officer assumes project support responsibility for all aspects of the project over the entire project life cycle (initiate, plan, execute, control, close). To effectively support the project the Project Control Officer must be able to understand project scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member.
The position requires good knowledge of project management tools and methods, and understanding of clients life cycle development methodologies.
- Ability to handle multiple projects of varying complexity in a team environment, as well as developing a thorough understanding of project management techniques
- Strong MS Excel skills required to manage, track and report the project budget
- Ability to develop and maintain an MS Project Schedule, including multiple files consolidation and reporting
- Familiarity with IT concepts, methodology and vocabulary.
- Business results orientation.
- Disciplined approach to accountabilities.
- Objective and open minded approach.
- Negotiation skills to be effective with team members and management tin order to acquire and maintain project support
- Strong communicator both verbally and through written/pictorial reporting.
- Solid problem solving skills and analytical skills to creatively develop unique solutions/approaches to resolve issues
- Perseverance, flexibility and efficiency to overcome challenges standing in the way of the successful completion of the project
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 7 years as a PCO
2) Jira/Confluence exposure
3) Microsoft Office
4) Financial Forecasting, budget planning
6) Great organization skills and communication skills (will do presentations, minute keeping, facilitating discussions).
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.