Project Control Officer - 3
Project Control Officer - Banking IT projects
Our client in the Financial sector and a Top Canadian Employer, offers challenging and rewarding opportunities. They are currently seeking an Project Control Officer to join their IT team.
Initial Planned Duration: 6 months
Introduction: Under direct supervision of a Senior Delivery Manager, you will assume project support responsibility for all aspects of the project over the entire project life cycle (initiate, plan, execute, control, close). To effectively support the project the Project Control Officer must be able to understand project scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member.
Targeted Skills and Experience:
The Project Control Officer is to have the ability to effectively support a multiple number of projects of similar complexity in a sophisticated matrix management organization. To be effective, a thorough knowledge of the Bank’ s formal and informal organization structure is imperative.
The Project Control Officer position requires good knowledge of project management tools and methodologies.
The position is expected to have an understanding of product development methodologies pertaining to the client’ s area.
He/she must have an expert ability to balance competing or conflicting requests of various projects, stakeholders, requiring a professional approach and highly developed negotiation and influencing skills.
• Ability to handle multiple projects of varying complexity in a team environment, as well as developing a thorough understanding of project management techniques
• Strong MS Excel skills required to manage, track and report the project budget
• Ability to develop and maintain an MS Project Schedule, including multiple files consolidation and reporting
• Familiarity with IT concepts, methodology and vocabulary.
• Business results orientation.
• Disciplined approach to accountabilities.
• Objective and open minded approach.
• Negotiation skills to be effective with team members and management tin order to acquire and maintain project support
• Strong communicator both verbally and through written/pictorial reporting.
• Solid problem solving skills and analytical skills to creatively develop unique solutions/approaches to resolve issues
• Perseverance, flexibility and efficiency to overcome challenges standing in the way of the successful completion of the project
If you are qualified and interested in this role, please send your resume today!
We thank all applicants that apply. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.