Project Manager - Enterprise Classification Project
Our client is a very high-profile, enterprise-class Public-Sector organization, located in downtown Toronto, with close proximity to Union Station and the TTC/Subway and other public transit. This organization’ s profile will bring incremental value to just about any professional’ s resume and professional track-record, and this assignment will likely be showcased on the successful candidate’ s resume for years to come.
They are seeking the services of an accomplished Enterprise Classification (Common Search) Project Manager to contribute to the delivery of development and implementation of a large-scale project.
The initial anticipated term of this contract assignment is 12 months.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- University/Community College degree in Computer Science / Electronic Engineering or equivalent a definite asset. Applicable Certifications in Business Architecture, Engineering, Thesaurus, Taxonomy, Knowledge and Metadata Management Tool(s)/Systems, Project Management or equivalent a definite asset.
- Ability to facilitate the design, deployment and migration of Thesaurus, Taxonomy,
- Knowledge and Metadata Management Tool(s), including Identity Management components, in a complex, heterogeneous Technology and Business Application Environment
- Clear understanding of Business/Technical Requirements, Statement of Work, and Strategic Plan creation as they apply to projects. Solid understanding of System Development Life Cycle, Technical/Technological and other methodologies.
- Extensive Technical Project Management experience in all facets of technology (unit,
- functional, integration, system, regression, penetration, and performance) is required
- Business and System Architecture experience in large enterprise environment is a definite asset.
- Experience in strategy creation and execution for a large project/program.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
- Ability to drive collaborative consensus in a complex business environment.
- Demonstrated expertise in the field of Thesaurus, Taxonomy, Knowledge and Metadata Management Tool(s)/Systems is preferred.
- Proven experience and knowledge in system replacement and system integration projects.
- Migration from MultiTes (or other comparable tools) to modern Thesaurus, Taxonomy, Knowledge and Metadata Management Tool(s)/Systems, including integration with Exchange and third-party applications is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of Thesaurus, Taxonomy, Knowledge and Metadata Management standards including, but not limited to IEEE, ANSI/NISO standard relationships
- Thorough understanding of Cash Flow analysis, budgeting and general financial management.
If you are qualified and interested in this role, please send your resume today!
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organizations both private and public-sector throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of high-profile clients and industry-leading professionals in the Information Technology, Change Management and Management Consulting sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialties who can help you with your search for a new contract assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.