QA Test Analyst (Intermediate)
Position: QA Test Analyst
Our client in the Public sector and a Top Canadian Employer, offers challenging and rewarding opportunities. They are currently seeking an QA TEST ANALYST to join their team.
Initial Planned Duration: 12months
- Minimum of 5 years QA experience with multi-layer architectural applications and complex enterprise and/or industrial applications.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to quickly ramp up understanding of underlying technologies.
- Understanding QA processes based on CMMI and/or ISO standards. Knowledge of various testing methodologies (waterfall, agile)
- Extensive experience in assessing and reviewing business and system requirements, requirement analysis, verification, traceability, gap analysis, risks.
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehouse concepts, related technologies and testing approach/methods
- Understanding of ETL processes and extensive experience in ETL processes testing with various dimensional models of data warehouse and complex business rules for sources to target data mapping
- Hands on experience in testing with various relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle) as well as flat files based data, including binary and encrypted data
- Creation of complex SQL scripts/queries and output results analysis
- Experience in automation of testing for data warehouse, databases, and data quality. Development of testing scripts (HP UFT, QTP, Perl, Shell, etc.) for testing of complex ETL business logic, output data and log files parsing/analysis.
- Experience with testing of applications/dashboards developed with MicroStrategy BI tool.
- MS SharePoint and Team Foundation Server experience
- Understanding of Data Quality Assurance principles
- Knowledge of Software Metrics concepts (Function Points).
- Performance testing experience
- Hands-on experience with testing of networking and various communication protocols.
- Testing experience with Informatica is an asset
- University degree in Computer Science / Electronic Engineering, CSTE/CSQA certification is an asset.
We thank all applicants that apply. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.