QA Test Analyst
Our client is seeking an intermediate QA Test Analyst for a 12 month contract in downtown Toronto. The successful candidate will be involved in an ongoing project that is designed to streamline payment processes in the transportation vertical.
Mandatory Skills / Certification:
- University degree/College Diploma in Computer Science / Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years experience testing multi-layer architectural applications and complex systems.
- Understanding of automated fare collection concepts used in public transportation.
- Experience in testing of financial transactions and reconciliation processes: credit and debit card processing, open payments, Fare Media and associated standards.
Other Skills / Certification:
- Extensive experience in assessing and reviewing business and system requirements - requirement analysis, verification, traceability, gap analysis, risks.
- Extensive experience in testing of complex enterprise and/or industrial applications including functional, non-functional and system integration testing using requirements traceability and coverage analysis
- Proficient in database technologies (SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access)
- Knowledge of network and data communication protocols
- Interface Validation: automated data file parsing and analysis using Perl or Shell scripting.
- Familiarity with concepts of Device Environmental Standards (EN 60950, EN 50155) for electronic equipment is highly desired
- Understanding QA processes based on CMMI and/or ISO standards.
- Knowledge of various testing methodologies (waterfall, V-model, Agile)
- Proven problem-solving skills to identify, validate and verify system and software application issues using defect management tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for knowledge exchange and transfer
- Certified CSTE/CSQA would be an asset