Quality Assurance Test Analyst
Our client is a very high-profile, enterprise-class Public-Sector organization, located in downtown Toronto, with close proximity to Union Station and the TTC/Subway and other public transit. This organization’ s profile will bring incremental value to just about any professional’ s resume and professional track-record, and this assignment will likely be showcased on the successful candidate’ s resume for years to come.
The initial anticipated term of this contract assignment is 12 months.
They are seeking the services of an accomplished QA Test Analyst to contribute to the delivery of:
- Minimum of 5 years QA experience with multi-layer architectural applications and complex enterprise and/or industrial applications.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to quickly ramp up understanding of underlying technologies.
- Understanding QA processes based on CMMI and/or ISO standards. Knowledge of various testing methodologies (waterfall, agile)
- Extensive experience in assessing and reviewing business and system requirements, requirement analysis, verification, traceability, gap analysis, risks.
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehouse concepts, related technologies and testing approach/methods
- Understanding of ETL processes and extensive experience in ETL processes testing with various dimensional models of data warehouse and complex business rules for sources to target data mapping
- Hands on experience in testing with various relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle) as well as flat files based data, including binary and encrypted data
- Creation of complex SQL scripts/queries and output results analysis
- Experience in automation of testing for data warehouse, databases, and data quality. Development of testing scripts (HP UFT, QTP, Perl, Shell, etc.) for testing of complex ETL business logic, output data and log files parsing/analysis.
- Experience with testing of applications/dashboards developed with MicroStrategy BI tool.
- MS SharePoint and Team Foundation Server experience
- Understanding of Data Quality Assurance principles
- Knowledge of Software Metrics concepts (Function Points).
- Performance testing experience
- Hands-on experience with testing of networking and various communication protocols.
- Testing experience with Informatica is an asset
- University degree in Computer Science / Electronic Engineering, CSTE/CSQA certification is an asset.
- Individual System Test plans
- Requirements Traceability Matrix
- Completion of all compatibility, system and regression tests for Business Applications
- Test Results and defect logs documentation
- Various project and system related documentation
If you are qualified and interested in this role, please send your resume today!
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organizations both private and public-sector throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of high-profile clients and industry-leading professionals in the Information Technology, Change Management and Management Consulting sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialties who can help you with your search for a new contract assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.