Senior Business Analyst
Title - Qualifier (eg. Senior Project Manager – EMR (Electronic Medical Records)
Our client in the financial sector and a Top Canadian Employer, offers challenging and rewarding opportunities. They are currently seeking a Sr. Business Analyst to join their team.
Initial Planned Duration: 6 months
The analyst plays a key role underlying all initiative delivery. They must understand, document and facilitate agreement on requirements, approaches, specifications and decision variables that enable the delivery of appropriate solutions to achieve the business and project goals.
Additionally, the analyst elicits client needs for information and functional capabilities. They document requirements, develop functional specifications and ensure requirements traceability as part of delivering application and information solutions to internal business partners. The analyst works collaboratively with other solution teams including: Relationship & Application Management, Project Management, Solutions Engineering and QA on a dynamic portfolio of initiatives that encompasses ad-hoc requests, small & medium enhancements and multi-year projects. The Senior Business Analyst may lead other Business Analysts on an initiative.
Candidates should have a minimum of 4 (BA) to 7 (SBA) years’ experience facilitating and translating business needs and questions into data specifications from business partners who manage master & market data, market & credit risk, collateral and liquidity, capital markets trading and portfolio management, private capital, performance measurement and regulatory compliance.
Candidates should have expert knowledge of investments products including derivatives, and related experience analyzing and designing solutions for business systems integration. Proficiency with SQL is also required. Experience with any or each of Markit EDM (Cadis), SimCorp Dimension, and Charles River Development is a key asset for this position.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engages business clients to elicit business requirements and understand objectives
- Produces business analysis related documentation, including (functional and non-functional) requirements, current and future state processes and workflows, and solution specifications to a high quality standard
- Specifically, the analyst produces business requirements for data, identifies data sources and delivers data specifications for solutions
- Works with data vendor manager to establish agreements for new external vendor content
- Documents the flow and transformation of securities data from suppliers through securities data repositories and to end user applications
- Conceives, proposes and facilitates the selection of viable functional solution alternatives
- Works with business and solution teams to ensure that solutions being delivered meet business intent and provide business value
- Works with QA teams to develop test plans and ensure they understand the business requirements and are able to test solutions appropriately
- References and applies our internal Delivery Framework in the context of delivering of business analysis functions and materials
- Participates in the initiation and planning of projects - including facilitating the definition of objectives, scope, and deliverables as well as provide Business Analysis work estimates
- Contributes to the operation and improvement of their aligned delivery system/program Exercises appropriate judgment in identifying and escalating risks and issues
- Potentially (if/as required) lead the activities and output of other Business Analysts in the context of delivering an initiative
- Builds solid partnerships with Business management and staff, Client Relationship and Application Managers, Project Managers and other key stakeholders.
- University degree or equivalent experience (Business/Finance, Financial Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering)
Asset would be one or more of: Process improvement methodology accreditation, CFA, Certified Enterprise Data Professional, Canadian Securities Course
- Minimum experience of 4 years for Business Analyst or 7 years for Senior Business Analyst ’ in the institutional investment industry
- Excellent understanding of various asset classes including Equities, Futures, Fixed Income, FX and their derivative products
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate and complete tasks to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, collaborating effectively with business, delivery and technology partners
- Experience collaborating with project delivery and technology teams to deliver solutions that solve business problems and meet business requirements
- Experience in translating business requirements to technical specifications
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with multiple levels of clients, team and partners
- Robust understanding of agile and waterfall project management delivery methodologies and the difference between needs and wants
- Proactive customer focus
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in planning and leading UAT
- Experience with the following technologies (in order of priority) is an asset: PL/SQL, Bloomberg, Markit EDM (Cadis), Oracle EDQ (Datanomic), SimCorp Dimension, Charles River Development, TopBraid
If you are qualified and interested in this role, please send your resume today!
We thank all applicants that apply. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.