Senior Integration (back end) developer
Our client has an exciting new, long term project, within the Derivatives (Structured notes) division.
The Global Wholesale, Wealth, and Risk Technology - Derivatives team is responsible for servicing Global Capital Markets worldwide and delivering system solutions for the derivatives trading desk.
This is primarily a back-end / server-side developer role, implementing Java services that support trade booking and integrate with existing applications for Equity Derivatives Structured Products business. The role also includes database development, using a mix of SQL and noSQL technologies.
Must have previous experience in Capital markets and a good knowledge in financial instruments, ranging from derivative products (IR, Credit, and Equity) to foreign exchange.
Looking for creative, self-starting, results-oriented, and highly motivated individual with attention to details and excellent problem solving skills. The incumbent need to be able to multi-task and work in a fast paced and agile environment
must also possess a very good understanding of current IT practices, systems design and development techniques, including testing methodologies, and keep current with rapidly changing technology.
Minimum of 7-10 years of industry experience.
. Development of Java RESTful web services for trade booking and capture.
2. Development of Java integration services to integrate with existing applications.
3. Database setup and development, using a mix of SQL and NoSQL databases
4. Assist with DevOps for automated build/ automated deployment to a Public Cloud infrastructure
5. Putting in place suitable non functional supporting software to ensure a high automation, low support STP approach
6. Hand off of production software to support team, initial production support for a limited warranty period
7. Preparation of specifications and documentation for all software developed. Use of standard project management and team collaboration tools
8. Collaboration as part of an Agile development team, participation in daily standups, preparation of work estimates, identification of blocking and critical path steps
9. Hands on coding in one or more of the programming languages identified in the Functional Competencies listed below
10. Detailed design for all functional components of the system
11. Accountable for delivery according to pre agreed time and budgetary constraints
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.