Senior Java / Python developer
Risk Management Information Technology (RMIT) is looking for a hands-on Developer-Architect to be part of Capital Markets IT - Risk Management group. This person will be part of a specialized team that will be helping multiple development teams deliver their projects, by conducting PoC’ s, collaborating on high level design and solving specific technical challenges (performing spikes) through coding/prototyping. The job entails working on a wide spectrum of new technologies, mostly open source as well as cloud technologies. This person will also work with enterprise architecture, infrastructure, security and dev teams to produce solution architecture documents for projects.
• Reason for request: Workload
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) Java (10+ years with Python experience)
2) Unix/Linux environment (10+ years experience)
3) Relational databases (10+ years experience)
4) Open source products (5+ years experience)
5) Big Data (2+ years recent experience with Hadoop, Cassandra, Spark, Scala, Kafka)
6) Technical Lead (3+ years in a lead capacity for development team)
7) Capital Markets (5+ years, preferably in Risk Management)
8) Agile environment (5+ years experience)
• Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
• Bachelor' s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
• 10+ years experience required
• Development experience in needed language or technology (e.g. - Websphere, Informatica etc.)
• Hands on experience in designing, developing and successful deployment of large scale projects from end-to-end
• Hands on experience in following the iterative and agile SDLC
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.