Our client is one of the Big 5 Canadian Banks.
Located Downtown Toronto
6 month initial duration
The main function is to design, develop, and implement applications using in-demand languages and technologies to support business requirements.
• Hands on code development
• Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• 5+ years’ experience required on Internet projects and software applications
• Experience working in medium to large size environments
• Hands on experience in designing, developing and successful deployment of medium to large scale projects from end-to-end
• Hands on experience in following the iterative and agile SDLC
• Deep experience and understanding of Responsive web design (RWD), Mobile Web Development
• Deep experience in developing and browser testing for Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, iOS / Android mobile and tablet browsers
• Deep experience with accessibility WCAG 2.0 AAA standards, WAI-ARIA
• Test Driven Development experience (QUnit) is strongly desired
• Strong UI experience, Internet design principles, W3C standards, SEO
TOP SKILLS/MUST HAVES:
• CSS, HTML layout structures
• Strong experience with jQuery, JSON, 3rd party APIs
• Agile methodology experience (Scrums, Backlog estimation, Atlassian JIRA, GIT, JENKINS, MAZEN, TDD (test driven development)
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS:
• Financial Industry experience is a nice to have but not required
• WCAG 2.0 AAA Web accessibility - as it is a standard they follow to build HTML so users can read their sites
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
If you are qualified and interested in this role, please send your resume today!
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.