Senior/Lead QA Developer
Senior/Lead QA Developer,
Our client is a growing Canadian technology company focused on Sports and Charities. This is a unique opportunity to join an incredible culture in a company poised for growth. They deliver technology products to major league, minor league and local sports teams and charities throughout Canada, the US and the UK.
The Senior/Lead QA Developer plays a key role in the Software Development Lifecycle. In this position, you will be responsible for designing test plans, creating test cases and executing tests for new features and product changes. You will also have the opportunity to grow and lead a QA function team in executing unit testing, functional testing, performance testing and integration testing. You will interface with Product Managers, Developers, and Support staff to ensure the quality and integrity of the products. This role demands a balance of strong hands-on technical skills and team leadership abilities. This role is based North of Toronto and reports to the CTO.
- Create test plans, design test cases, and execute tests to ensure conformance with business requirements
- Conduct unit testing, functional and regression testing, performance testing and integration testing
- Create an automation framework and define, script and execute automated tests
- Script test cases for inclusion in the automation framework
- Manage the automation environment
- Lead, mentor and provide coaching and guidance to other members of the QA team
- Ensure project tasks and assignments are delivered according to expectations.
- Provide effective and timely communication with management and the development team.
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years overall QA experience, including 2+ years experience leading a QA team that includes significant automated testing
- Good knowledge of automation scripting languages (VB, C#, etc.)
- Strong understanding and hands on experience with QA processes and methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of test automation tools for web applications
- Experience in setting up and implementing an automated test environment.
- Well-developed communication skills - oral, written, listening.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and motivational skills including the ability to lead, facilitate and organize.
- Strong understanding of web application development
- Excellent working knowledge of SQL, and Windows environment
- Knowledge of Amazon AWS, cloud architectures and SaaS
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- Works independently with minimal supervision
- Experience working with e-commerce systems (Point of Sale, credit card processing) is an asset
If you are qualified and interested in this role, please send your resume today!
We thank all applicants that apply. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.