Senior Process Improvement Specialist
Senior Process Improvement Specialist
Our client in the financial sector and a Top Canadian Employer, offers challenging and rewarding opportunities. They are currently seeking a Senior Process Improvement Specialist to join their Enterprise Security and Risk Services team.
Initial Planned Duration: 6 months
GROUP/PROJECT INFO: The position is vacant within the Enterprise Security and Risk Services, which assesses risks in IT projects; evaluates security standards of vendors; works with the Corporate Security on worker background searches and systems access. The Process Improvement Specialist will mainly be working with the Corporate Security processes; approximately 10% of the work relates to data analytics and report generation.
START DATE: As soon as possible
DURATION: 6 months
HOURS: 9.00AM – 5.00PM EDT
OVERTIME: Very rare
LOCATION/REMOTE: Mainly onsite work at Toronto, but the worker must be flexible to work in various buildings around the downtown core.
REASON ROLE IS OPEN: This role is open to fill in for a full time worker, who left.
SUMMARY: A process improvement specialist serves as a consultant, evaluating, planning, and implementing improvements in the Enterprise Security business process documentation and practices. Other aspects of the job can include compiling and tracking data.
MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Evaluates existing business and operational flows, understand as-is processes and develops/prepares recommendations for process improvements and system enhancements/optimizations, prepares to-be process flows
- Ensures documentation of standard operating procedures and service level agreements are current and accurate.
- Conducts interviews and/or facilitated workshops with users to analyze processes and identify system optimizations.
- Recommends best practices for operational controls, procedures and risk management.
- Prepares functional requirements documentation for system optimizations / enhancements in support of process improvements
- Develops use cases and test scripts, as applicable for system enhancements.
- Performs user testing and quality assurance checks of systems processes and solutions.
- Maintains weekly/monthly status reports to key stakeholders tracking the status of the improvement projects.
- Handles the project management of workflow process improvements including reengineering of business processes and implementation of change management systems for complex projects that cross multiple systems with multiple stakeholders.
- Ensures risks and issues are identified and communicated in a timely fashion.
- Communicates effectively with impacted staff and stakeholders.
TOP SKILLS/MUST HAVES:
• 8-10 years of overall professional experience
• 3-5 years of professional experience in process improvement (preferably in financial services industry)
• 3-5 years of professional experience in data analytics and reporting (preferably in financial services industry)
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of the banking industry, including operations, products, and services.
• Experience gathering requirements, and analysis including Use Case analysis.
• Professional experience with system development lifecycle, application delivery and implementation.
• Extensive experience in facilitating meetings with team members, management, and stakeholders.
• Ability to create business solutions that increase competitive advantage.
• Ability to exercise good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Project management skills in order to handle diverse projects, often times simultaneously, and meet aggressive deadlines.
• Ability to solve technical problems/ processes and understand complex details.
• Ability to increase operating efficiency with produce high quality technical solutions.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Advanced interpersonal skills
• Autonomous self-starter personality
NICE TO HAVE:
• Knowledge of SharePoint (general user), Tableau and Archer
• Post-secondary education in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
If you are qualified and interested in this role, please send your resume today!
We thank all applicants that apply. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.