Senior Release Manager
Summary of Project: The program is in need of a senior Release Manager with a technical development background, to undertake the duties of a Deployment Specialist, which includes building, and deployment of releases for multiple applications, using both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
Profile focus: Candidate should have strong hands-on deployment experience . Manager is not looking for a PM profile as they don' t have the production end result mind set required.
No QA or Change managers.
SLDC/Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle * 4 yrs
Coordination of multiple release of applications * 4 yrs
Release management experience * 4 yrs
Deployment of applications * 3 yrs
Banking/Financial Industry * 3 yrs
Documentation * 4 yrs
Analysis of metrics * 4 yrs
Sharepoint * 4 yrs (creating dashboards )
Strong Excel skills * 6 yrs
Microsoft Office (Powerpoint, Word, Excel) * 6 yrs
SIT /BAT 2yrs* ( environment they will work in )
Risk management 3yrs*
Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must.
ITIL Foundations v3
Rational Team Concert
a. Experience with source code management
b. Configuring the Jazz Build Engine, to build, deploy and report for code promotions
ANT Scripting understanding
a. Ability to create scripts and automation
JAVA Development Experience
Agile Development experience
Knowledge of Release Management Best practices in AGILE development
Understands Continuous integration methodology
NICE TO HAVE:
The release manager organizes, directs, and manages activities for building and maintaining software releases for their promotion to the production environment. The release manager may manage large multi-discipline teams in a matrix management organization. Acts as a liaison between business unit personnel and testing teams in executing and managing test processes and ensuring the availability of environments used to conduct testing of the final deliverables. The candidate will be required to review release notes, coordinate/orchestrate issue resolution incorporating SME input from multiple teams within the Technology sector. The position requires strong people skills as well as written and verbal communication skills.
Business Critical Deliverables
• Own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases within EETS.
• Responsible for the overall Release communications and manages communication to key stakeholders ensuring they are aware of significant changes/impacts in a timely manner from a timeline, cost and a risk perspective.
• Responsible for coordinating and managing the overall deployment of applications releases, including sequencing of project deployments to ensure on-time delivery.
Accountabilities / Scope:
• Act as the Build Manager for Agile projects - build and deploy code to multiple environments
• Interface and communicate with Project Managers and/or application support manager and/or other TS partners on a daily basis.
• Establish improved processes to enhance release delivery timeliness and quality across EETS and to improve visibility/performance across the portfolio of projects/activities.
• Coordinate the planning and support of the Release Production Acceptance Testing (PAT) with Project Teams, ITS.
• Understand and communicate testing impact of scope changes/PCRs to the project management team both from a timeline/cost and a risk perspective.
• Chair Production release status calls with ITS and Project Managers to ensure activities are coordinated and issues are addressed in a timely manner.
• Make and implement recommendations to improve the overall Release Management process within EETS.
SKILLS: IT expertise in systems programming or network management. Team leadership experience