Senior Scrum master
Global Wholesale and Wealth management division of our major Financial services client has an immediate contractual requirement for a Senior Scrum Master.
Consultants will run a large size project ($25MM +) structured in two parallel streams.
The program involves;
platform development in partnership with a well-known technology vendor,
· data migration and decommissioning of the existing platform and
· deployment in various regions globally
The Senior ScrumMaster manages a program comprised of multiple Scrum teams within one initiative (may exceed 5 teams at any given time). He/she must have demonstrated competence in delivering large scale technology solutions. In addition, will be responsible for overall success of the program, navigating through complex environments, integrating multiple dependencies and ensuring ongoing alignment across development teams and business portfolios.
This role provides a high level of visibility/exposure across different stakeholders of the Bank. The individual must have expert oral and written communication skills and proven ability to: make presentations to various groups; conducting stand-up meetings, manage product owner’ s expectations, keep team members accountable and resolve any conflicts within the teams. He/she must have an expert ability to balance competing or conflicting goals of various departments/stakeholders, requiring a mature, diplomatic approach and highly developed negotiation and influencing skills.
- Thorough knowledge of software technologies and of the various Software Development Life Cycle methodologies (Agile, Incremental and Iterative, Scrum-ban, Lean, Waterfall)
- Familiar with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), and/or knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc
- Ability to execute highly complex or specialized projects; adapts precedent and may make significant departures from traditional approaches to develop solutions
- Advanced level of understanding of agile principles and practices, service-oriented environments, and iterative development practices and risk management
- Advanced understanding of incremental delivery and the value of metrics including backlog tracking, burn down metrics, acceptance criteria, velocity, and task definition
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate the effective breakdown of epics into user stories, to attain high levels of sprint velocity within corporate constraints, to plan and execute against sprint roadmaps
- 7- 10 years of IT experience, with a minimum of 5 or more years managing projects
- 3+ years of People Management experience and/or leading large cross-functional/cross-regional teams on major organizational projects
- Project Management experience with a strong understanding of Agile project management disciplines and practices coupled with working experience as a ScrumMaster in a recent project/initiative
- Individual may have ScrumMaster Certification (CSM)
- Scaled Agile certification an asset
NOTE: If applicable, include budget size and/or scope of the initiative, number of scrum teams supported and number of employees assigned to an initiative.