Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Our client in the financial sector and a Top Canadian Employer, offers challenging and rewarding opportunities. They are currently seeking an Senior Software Engineer to join their team.
Initial Planned Duration: 4 months
The Software Engineer will be working within the Software Configuration Management Team as the subject matter expert of JIRA and Confluence.
The main function of a Software Engineer is to perform a wide variety of installation, configuration and upgrading of servers and related hardware and software in a LAN, WAN and stand-alone environment, providing investigation, diagnostic testing and repair/resolution of system, hardware, software and infrastructure.
• Complete configuration, installation and support of equipment to the specifications of the business.
• Influence the long term strategy for new and existing technology initiatives.
• Maintain configuration and support documentation.
• Maintain multi-site network operations, software applications, operating systems through regular maintenance.
• Maintain software applications and operating systems through regular maintenance.
• Manage assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
• Manage technology solutions relationships to enable the efficient development of business systems.
• Manage the overall relationship and engagement process between technology solutions and technology infrastructure at a senior level.
• Supervise the administration of systems and servers to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
• Troubleshoot malfunctions of hardware, software applications and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
• Develop, promote, and maintain successful relationships between clients and service providers.
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS
• 5-7 years of overall professional experience.
• 3-5 years of experience working with JIRA and Confluence administration.
• Excellent understanding of Agile development methodology.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
• Broad knowledge of IT Systems engineering.
• Experience with system capacity and planning, as well as functional configuration and audit.
• Experience with system planning and capacity tools and analyses.
• Ability to understand customer needs in order to provide excellent service.
• Ability to establish, build and maintain healthy working relationships.
• Ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization.
• Proven ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently.
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS
• 1-3 years of GitHub administration experience.
• HP ALM experience.
• Bachelor' s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
We thank all applicants that apply. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.