Software Engineer - 4
- Risk Management Data Integration
Summary: The main function of a Software Engineer is to design, develop, implement, test, and maintain business and computer applications software or specialized utility programs including mainframe and client/server applications, and major enhancement of existing systems
- Fine-tune and improve a variety of sophisticated software implementation projects
- Gather and analyze system requirements, document specifications, and develop software solutions to meet client needs and data
- Analyze and review enhancement requests and specifications
- Implement system software and customize to client requirements
- Prepare the detailed software specifications and test plans
- Code new programs to clients specifications and create data for testing
- Modify existing programs to new standards and conduct unit testing of developed programs
- Create migration packages for system testing, user testing, and implementation
- Provide quality assurance reviews
- Perform post-implementation validation of software and resolve any bugs found during testing
- Bachelor' s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
- 8-10 years experience required in Java
- Spring Boot - good understanding
- Java 8
- Hibernate - good understanding
- Writing advanced SQL statements experience
- SVN and GIT experience
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- large systems software design and development experience
- Experience performing in-depth troubleshooting and unit testing with both new and legacy production systems
- experience in programming and experience with problem diagnosis and resolution
Degrees or certifications:
- Bachelor' s degree or Post-Secondary education
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.