Solution Designer (ECIF)
Our client in the financial sector and a Top Canadian Employer, offers challenging and rewarding opportunities. They are currently seeking an Solution Desinger to join their team.
Initial Planned Duration: Perm Role
What You’ ll Be Doing
- Translate user requirements to process and data requirements. Design application' s technical infrastructure, such as specific databases, programming languages, utilities, and testing approaches
- Design and/or integrate solutions for the processing of data and development of precise steps and processing logic across all platforms
- Provide broad understanding of platforms and applications across all technologies.
- Ensure the designed specifications achieve business needs
- Develop and maintain technology roadmaps for enterprise application
- Influence technology delivery teams to align solutions to roadmaps
- Analyzing project and/or technical risk, using available information, to support business recommendations
- Analyzing business and/or client processes and practices to identify and recommend opportunities for enhancement
- Interpreting business requirements and design application solution
- Assessing work and information flows to identify and recommend appropriate solutions
- Providing overall solutions to complex application problems
- Providing application solutions or making technology selection decisions that are often made in situations where business requirements are not completely defined or changing
- Estimating project work effort where new technology is involved and no guidelines exist
- Making decisions with respect to application solutions or technology selection which impact one or several applications resulting in significant financial impact to the project
What We’ re Looking For
- Must have 5+ years of experience as a Solution Designer, or in a similar role
- Must have practical working knowledge of: Rational Unified Process, Agile Software Development, SOA Design Patterns, Java EE, JSP, JMS, JMX, JAX-WS, SOA, Web Services, BPE, Oracle Weblogic, Oracle DB and PRPC
- Must have experience with API, Microservices, and Enterprise enablement
- Must have previous experience in designing front-end UI solutions in mid-large scale projects
- Should have consulting professional experience to understand approaches, tools, techniques and roles and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients and partners
- Must be able to effectively interact with stakeholders, end users, business analysts, and technical resources to gather requirements and prepare design specifications.
- Previous financial industry experience is an asset
- TOGAF and/or Zachman certification is an asset
- Passionate innovators, creators, collaborators, and leaders who are up for the challenge of building the bank of the future and delivering solutions that meet our clients’ changing needs
We thank all applicants that apply. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.