Sr. Business Systems Analyst
Sr. Business Systems Analyst – Crime Prevention
Our client in the financial sector and a Top Canadian Employer, offers challenging and rewarding opportunities. They are currently seeking a Sr. Business Systems Analyst to join their team.
Initial Planned Duration: 6 months
The main function of a Business Systems Analyst is to perform the analysis, design, implementation, modification, and daily functional support of all applications.
• Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies.
• Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers.
• Prepares cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation.
• Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities.
• Supports one or more highly complex business processes.
• Works on multiple projects as a project team member.
• Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs.
• Provide managerial oversight to business analysis activities for a team in order to advance initiatives and ensure project success.
• Provide management and planning for the Supplier team.
• Ensure that Supplier Personnel deliver analysis of complex business/function information and provide recommendations/proposals.
• Ensure the quality of the output of Supplier team.
• 10+ years of overall professional experience.
• 7 years of experience in an IT Business Systems Analyst role in financial services industry
• Knowledge and understanding of financial crime prevention, risk and compliance solutions (such as Actimize) and financial client vendor systems
• Knowledge of programming languages in order to comprehend reading code and basic functions.
• Ability to create business solutions that increase competitive advantage.
• Extensive experience with requirements analysis, including Use Case analysis.
• Extensive knowledge of business process modeling and workflow analysis.
• Knowledge of the system development lifecycle, application delivery and implementation.
• Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and do the necessary research using multiple sources of information to arrive at innovative solutions.
• Ability to exercise good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Project management skills in order to handle diverse projects, often times simultaneously, and meet aggressive deadlines.
• Ability to solve technical problems/ processes and understand complex details.
• Ability to increase operating efficiency with produce high quality technical solutions.
• Meeting facilitation experience.
• A high level of interpersonal and verbal communication skills necessary to relate to other people at their systems knowledge level.
• Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships.
• Ability to effectively manage a team of individuals and be part of a team, while maintaining independence.
• Ability to learn fast and continuously.
• Bachelor' s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field.
NICE TO HAVE:
- CBAP certification
If you are qualified and interested in this role, please send your resume today!
We thank all applicants that apply. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.