System Administrator - 4
System Administrator - Enterprise Servers and Network Infrastructure
Our client in the Financial sector and a Top Canadian Employer, offers challenging and rewarding opportunities. They are currently seeking an System Administrator to join their Enterprise Infrastructure team.
Location: Downtown Toronto
Initial Planned Duration: 3 Months with a plan to become a Full Time / Permanent Employee
Introduction: The main function of a Systems Administrator is to be responsible for the administration of core systems as well as monitoring and repair of high performance computing systems. Ensures consistent and reliable operation including enterprise servers and network infrastructure.
Skills and Experience:
• Provides wide ranging system administration in a multi-platform environment
• Responsible for general systems administration tasks including system configuration management, OS installations, security updates, urgent system patching
• Writes and implements scripts to automate tasks
• Ability to identify and troubleshoot hardware components that are problematic
• Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, network disruption awareness and predefined key processes
• Reviews system logs, application logs and security logs
Targeted Technical Capabilities:
• Bachelor' s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
• 8-10 years experience required
• Proven work experience as a system or network administrator
• The incumbent must have an excellent working knowledge in the following operating systems and technologies: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Sun Solaris, Lenovo/Cisco/Sun hardware, NIS, DNS, LDAP, NFS, Apache, Websphere application server, Websphere MQ, Tomcat, Web proxy, Citrix on Unix and Veritas products (Volume Manager, File System, Netbackup, Clustering), monitoring tools, shell scripting, and Tidal Job Scheduler would be an asset.
• Working knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem is an asset
• Working knowledge of the following databases is an asset: Oracle, Sybase. Postgres.
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN environments and protocols.
- Requires a minimum of 5-8 years job related experience and possesses analytical and proactive problem solving skills. Expert understanding in area of specialty.
• Ability to work with non-technical users.
If you are qualified and interested in this role, please send your resume today!
We thank all applicants that apply. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
ABOUT ProVision :
ProVision is a leading provider of professional talent to key organisations both private and public throughout Canada. Our services include: contract consulting, contingent permanent search, and retained executive search.
With over 15 years of concurrent exceptional relationships with clients in the financial, government, and software engineering verticals, ProVision has built up an exceptional network of industry leading professionals in the IT, Finance & Accounting, and Human Resources sectors.
We have a team of senior recruitment and account management professionals with a wide array of specialities who can help you with your search for a new assignment, career change, or that hard to find individual to complete your team.
Please get in contact with me, and I’ ll connect you to the right individual. It’ s what we do.